Which tang?

• Total voters

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4CABA824-3801-43E0-BA8F-44EDA0F2568F.jpeg

On the plus side... new layout of rock work intentionally made lots more hidey holes

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure, but i checked around the 22nd when we hit Keiths... and i never thanked you formerly Kat...

There will be a Katapalooza one day. Salute and Cheers from the squad.

Thanks lady :
20200725_162206.jpg

Erin O

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Iowa had an AFB record a gust of 108 mph from the derecho when it was at peak.
I was "outside" in that storm (I was in a horse barn in Des Moines). I don't know if the winds were that bad where I was, but they were pretty heavy. It was crazy!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear your a storm chaser. What is a derecho
Its a straight line wind event that develops along a dry line. Derechos act like a wall of storms arm to arm, working together, but never spinning into supercells. Because they all compete for the same sources of warm moist air (inflow) at the same time. The tornadic mesocyclonic storms are typically alone in the sky, spinning like a top. When all the storms fire at the same time, in close proximity, they cant spin. In turn, they form a wave of energy like a breaker on a reef. But it never breaks. Eventually, the center of the storm complexes cant outrun the strong northerly winds coming behind, and like a flimsy piece of sheet metal, it bends from the center out, (bow echo). The area that is between the troughs to the north and south of this "bow" is where the strongest winds are. The instense rainfall drags the real winds from up high down low with the rain shaft as gravity takes over... similar to a microburst, but different dynamics at play.

Once the "bow" has formed, it spreads out like a ripple and it will continue until it runs out of daylight. The sun is the engine, the storms feed off the humid warm air we dread. Its their gasoline. Once the sun sets, the surface of the earth cools and convection slows to a halt.

Hope that explains it well enough.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and a derecho does not mean spin-ups are not possible. They actually have them briefly at the very front of the bow, leading edge if u will. If a cross sheer at low levels (under 1k ft) manage to cut a notch into the wall, it can rapidly drop a meso and then it TYPICALLY is not sustained. QLCS is a common term used for these type of tornados.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its a straight line wind event that develops along a dry line. Derechos act like a wall of storms arm to arm, working together, but never spinning into supercells. Because they all compete for the same sources of warm moist air (inflow) at the same time. The tornadic mesocyclonic storms are typically alone in the sky, spinning like a top. When all the storms fire at the same time, in close proximity, they cant spin. In turn, they form a wave of energy like a breaker on a reef. But it never breaks. Eventually, the center of the storm complexes cant outrun the strong northerly winds coming behind, and like a flimsy piece of sheet metal, it bends from the center out, (bow echo). The area that is between the troughs to the north and south of this "bow" is where the strongest winds are. The instense rainfall drags the real winds from up high down low with the rain shaft as gravity takes over... similar to a microburst, but different dynamics at play.

Once the "bow" has formed, it spreads out like a ripple and it will continue until it runs out of daylight. The sun is the engine, the storms feed off the humid warm air we dread. Its their gasoline. Once the sun sets, the surface of the earth cools and convection slows to a halt.

Hope that explains it well enough.
Yes very well. I'm very familiar with the bow echos.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back