Which tang?

• Total voters

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang that’s a tough one!! When I was growing up, my parents insisted I wasn’t allowed to date until I turned 16. Then when I turned 16, they arbitrarily changed that to “well you can’t date until you have a car” and refused to let me get my license until I was 18...

of course, this led to me seizing any and all opportunities to be alone with the opposite sex... including sneaking out at night and driving with no license.

But you do have some quality trump cards to play: social distancing + quarantine + no school for a long time ;)
She will be 16 in 3 months

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the markets implode, you’ll have to hire my husband to invest your $$$..He’s an investment advisor. It’s imploded enough already :p
I hope it has!! But not holding my breath...Not too terribly long ago, the Dow went above 20k for the first time ever, and it’s still at 21.4k right now. (Has a long way to fall!) The bailout went mainly towards stabilizing large corporations. and the Fed had already dumped a staggering amount of $$ in a previous attempt at reversing the negative trend. Not sure how well either strategy will continue to work though, as long term they devalue our currency and do nothing to address the 6.5 million (edit: 10 million!) unemployment claims in the last 2 weeks. Hopefully this ends sooner rather than later and everyone can go back to work.

Last edited:

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope it has!! But not holding my breath...Not too terribly long ago, the Dow went above 20k for the first time ever, and it’s still at 21.4k right now. (Has a long way to fall!) The bailout went mainly towards stabilizing large corporations. and the Fed had already dumped a staggering amount of $$ in a previous attempt at reversing the negative trend. Not sure how well either strategy will continue work though, as long term they devalue our currency and do nothing to address the 6.5 million unemployment claims in the last 2 weeks. Hopefully this ends sooner rather than later and everyone can go back to work.
I hope so too but physical distancing will prolong it. I'm afraid it will be another couple of months.

Alan_J_MN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And on the bright side, I got some great advice
1585879939250.png

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whaaat... do tell!
I am just filling them up with RO/DI water for now. NOthing exciting, but they won't be dry for long. I have about 30 gallons in one of them. Still making water.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just filling them up with RO/DI water for now. NOthing exciting, but they won't be dry for long. I have about 30 gallons in one of them. Still making water.
For practice? From boredom? Or is this water actually going in the tank??!

@JoshH the gauntlet has been thrown!

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how well either strategy will continue to work though, as long term they devalue our currency and do nothing to address the 6.5 million unemployment claims in the last 2 weeks.

It's actually about 10 million for the last two weeks.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re right...I read it wrong. That’s unbelievable. 2 weeks ago it was 3.5 and that was the all time record.
Yep two weeks ago 3.5 and last week 6.5. Next week will be more than that. We will be stairing 30% in the face

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone.... I have been doing a lot of traveling today... just got on this thread. Why, that's what we do. Spent the last 30 minutes catching up. Thanks to all of you.. a great deal of laughs. OUT LOUD laughing..... Just great therapy. Thanks you to all.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are only shutting down the dining rooms here. The restaurant can stay open for drive-through or carry-out. Our pizza and chicken places are still open, so we're good. :).
Ours as well. But they are down at least 50 in food sales. But those profit margins are slim. A lot of restaurants rely on alcohol and that's a mark up of 50-60%. It's going to be the mom and ps that are hit hard

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back