Which tang?

• Total voters

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard from the restaurant association they expect 11%-20% of restaurants to close because of shelter in place
I bet it’s more than that. And even if a restaurant doesn’t close, it’s still had to lay off/fire/furlough all of the dining room staff.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a friend that opened up a carry-out restaurant near the new SASOL plant late last year. He only serves lunch. He is making a killing.
Thanks for sharing a success. Im very happy for your friend. Truly I am. They seem few and far between.

Joe Glass Cages

Passionate Glass Cages’s Team Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'r need more success stories in the news. It's good for the soul and good for the nation
Totally agree @sfin52.

I will share some good news.

We came together at Glass Cages this week and decided to create a program to help out all our team members with all the school closures. This has had a tremedious impact on schedules and support options for our team. We also are making many sneeze guards to support the needs of this pandemic. To keep production in place to support public needs, the Glass Gages team is creating an on-site tutoring support program for all GC staff with school age children. Employee's can bring their school age children to work with them and keep up with their children's schooling. We can keep up with production needs, keep children safe, help children growing and promote family. Family is so important to us. Family is so important during times like this. Stronger we will be!

Last edited:

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your idea is spread the knowledge, love, and virus at the same time right? LOL :cool:

Seriously they have closed down all construction in Washington but not by Governor he left the dirty work to the Department of Commerce and local health inspectors. Our local health inspector is evidently driving around to see who might be working on construction. Gives a warning or just pulls your business license if they feel like it. Governor Inslee's proclamation lists construction as essential business. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing as usual. Going to be interesting Tuesday when the first round of "stay home" is set to expire. We plan to deliver 4 jobs on Tuesday and start 2 others. Guess we will see if the State of Washington and Idaho agree on anything?

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your idea is spread the knowledge, love, and virus at the same time right? LOL :cool:

Seriously they have closed down all construction in Washington but not by Governor he left the dirty work to the Department of Commerce and local health inspectors. Our local health inspector is evidently driving around to see who might be working on construction. Gives a warning or just pulls your business license if they feel like it. Governor Inslee's proclamation lists construction as essential business. The right hand does not know what the left hand is doing as usual. Going to be interesting Tuesday when the first round of "stay home" is set to expire. We plan to deliver 4 jobs on Tuesday and start 2 others. Guess we will see if the State of Washington and Idaho agree on anything?
in North Carolina, the government informed everyone that it is a class II misdemeanor to perform at-home massage, cut hair, or any personal services (nails, eyebrows, tattoos, etc) in addition to a loss of your business license. Oh, and they have still not fixed the unemployment website...it’s currently impossible to file as an independent contractor, and if you fill out the existing forms and state that you are an IC, you are denied. To really ice that particular cake, they just announced that the site will be taken off-line from 11pm-3am...this in the state that is 2nd worst in the nation (behind Louisiana) for job losses.

Tl;dr = it’s illegal to earn money, but you can’t file for unemployment either.

Last edited:

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
in North Carolina, the government informed everyone that it is a class II misdemeanor to perform at-home massage, cut hair, or any personal services (nails, eyebrows, tattoos, etc) in addition to a loss of your business license. Oh, and they have still not fixed the unemployment website...it’s currently impossible to file as an independent contractor, and if you fill out the existing forms and state that you are an IC, you are denied. To really ice that particular cake, they just announced that the site will be taken off-line from 11pm-3am...this in the state that is 2nd worst in the nation (behind Louisiana) for job losses.

Tl;dr = it’s illegal to earn money, but you can’t file for unemployment either.

A couple days ago a few friends (not mine) were driving around hanging out and were pulled over. Because they all had different addresses on there licenses they were each fined $1000 for not practicing social distancing.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple days ago a few friends (not mine) were driving around hanging out and were pulled over. Because they all had different addresses on there licenses they were each fined $1000 for not practicing social distancing.
I’m honestly speechless.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was too, couldn't believe it, hard enough with people being laid off left right and center and throw a thousand dollar fine into the mix. That's pretty brutal.

One would think a warning citation would be enough especially with the offenders being kids. Here, in the US, when a child is fined for something, it falls back on the parents if the fine is not paid. Depending on the area, I'm imagining most kids do not have an extra $1,000 laying around.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone! Hope you all have a great day. Stay safe!

The Publix we shop at is directly across the street from my neighborhood. They announced yesterday that one of their employees tested positive for the virus. I was just there a couple days ago. WAY too close to home

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got called into work today. Going at noon. Last night I played Nerf guns and hide and go seek with the kids. This old chick is tired.
Frown for having to go to work. You are NOT old!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 69 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 62 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.6%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back