0   0   0
thumbnail.jpg

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we might hit the end of our business road. Governor just extended the close of work until May 4th. I don't know what to do since I contract in Idaho and they are still working construction and I am obliged to fulfill my contract. Do they have R2R in the local jail...guess I'll see!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well we might hit the end of our business road. Governor just extended the close of work until May 4th. I don't know what to do since I contract in Idaho and they are still working construction and I am obliged to fulfill my contract. Do they have R2R in the local jail...guess I'll see!
That's tough. I help fund bail money for you.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, my cowardly lion, he got really upset by the unease a few months back with the naso tangs, he is slowly getting braver! :)

Still freaks out with the glass cleaning though... he needs daily affirmations.

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at us, most of us are finding a way to make it. We ARE success stories! So far, none of us are sick! @Magellan do you need help?
Not yet :mad: But thank you for asking! We are in a better position than most. Just incredibly frustrated with the cluster **** that is the government response to all this. The average small business is 26 days from insolvency, and it’s going to be at minimum multiple weeks before one dime of aid makes its way to independent contractors/owners/sole proprietors. Moreover, the “loans” are being turned over to the big banks, who will be able to profit from this situation. (Bank borrows money directly from the Fed at 0% interest, loans it out at 4%). Worse, the loans are to be used to pay employees/independent contractors to not work, in lieu of them going on unemployment.

Translation: the government is asking the people who are hardest hit/most affected by this crisis to subsidize aid by going into debt that they have no reasonable expectation of being able to pay back, IN ADDITION to helping the bottom line of big banks. (Collateral will be required for loans over 25k).

U

User1

View Badges
Not yet :mad: But thank you for asking! We are in a better position than most. Just incredibly frustrated with the cluster **** that is the government response to all this. The average small business is 26 days from insolvency, and it’s going to be at minimum multiple weeks before one dime of aid makes its way to independent contractors/owners/sole proprietors. Moreover, the “loans” are being turned over to the big banks, who will be able to profit from this situation. (Bank borrows money directly from the Fed at 0% interest, loans it out at 4%). Worse, the loans are to be used to pay employees/independent contractors to not work, in lieu of them going on unemployment.

Translation: the government is asking the people who are hardest hit/most affected by this crisis to subsidize aid by going into debt that they have no reasonable expectation of being able to pay back, IN ADDITION to helping the bottom line of big banks. (Collateral will be required for loans over 25k).

Federal and State governments are going to be working through this for a bit. It isn't going to happen over night and both are trying to have the other front the larger burden. Not stating captain obvious here but this is what happens when a 2 trillion dollar bailout is given out by the Feds with pork in it. dang thing should have been written on a single page, not 188...but alas I rant. It is all blurry to people who are not small business owners because, well, we don't really know. I do wish nothing but the best for them. Especially if they are in the service side of businesses.

Then we have MLB who is paying their players $4,777.00 or so dollars a day to sit on their rears doing nothing yet the employees we talked about above go under. I mean seriously if someone like Trout can't save any of his 400 million bucks for a rainy day, or a natural disaster like Godzilla walking through his neighborhood or any other act of God / Mother Nature / or whatever you believe in than shame on him. They don't need the money. And when the season does start who is going to pay for that? That is right - any fans. What a bunch of misguided people which just goes to show how out of touch part of America is.

On the million bucks part - pass by me. I live in California so most of it would be taxed. I'd be lucky to see 52% of it. Then again a million bucks isn't going to buy you much because the average price of a home is dang near close to $500,000. I'm in the over 50 crowd in IT and my salary hasn't gone up in over 7 years while most others have. Always a threat of being laid off it seems especially due to living in Ca so they can off shore to cheaper places... Could be due to where I work or me being lazy and not shopping my skills around more - but anyway another story.

Depressing my rant is - please accept my apologies. I've always found this thread to be interesting. Miss a day and you are 10 pages behind :). Lots of good stuff that make you smile. And always the talk of ice cream. My vice.

Hope all is well with everyone. Golden bombs of light and love to all.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Federal and State governments are going to be working through this for a bit. It isn't going to happen over night and both are trying to have the other front the larger burden. Not stating captain obvious here but this is what happens when a 2 trillion dollar bailout is given out by the Feds with pork in it. dang thing should have been written on a single page, not 188...but alas I rant. It is all blurry to people who are not small business owners because, well, we don't really know. I do wish nothing but the best for them. Especially if they are in the service side of businesses.

Then we have MLB who is paying their players $4,777.00 or so dollars a day to sit on their rears doing nothing yet the employees we talked about above go under. I mean seriously if someone like Trout can't save any of his 400 million bucks for a rainy day, or a natural disaster like Godzilla walking through his neighborhood or any other act of God / Mother Nature / or whatever you believe in than shame on him. They don't need the money. And when the season does start who is going to pay for that? That is right - any fans. What a bunch of misguided people which just goes to show how out of touch part of America is.

On the million bucks part - pass by me. I live in California so most of it would be taxed. I'd be lucky to see 52% of it. Then again a million bucks isn't going to buy you much because the average price of a home is dang near close to $500,000. I'm in the over 50 crowd in IT and my salary hasn't gone up in over 7 years while most others have. Always a threat of being laid off it seems especially due to living in Ca so they can off shore to cheaper places... Could be due to where I work or me being lazy and not shopping my skills around more - but anyway another story.

Depressing my rant is - please accept my apologies. I've always found this thread to be interesting. Miss a day and you are 10 pages behind :). Lots of good stuff that make you smile. And always the talk of ice cream. My vice.

Hope all is well with everyone. Golden bombs of light and love to all.
I made a cotton candy shake today and topped it with whipped cream and real cotton candy. Like an ice cream Troll doll.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.5%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back