The Miracle Tank

Which tang?

• Total voters

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
POP..Colorado tonight's sunset/moon rise at 10,843' top of hahns peak... tee pics yep i got em..lol
V__6ED8.jpeg
V__7260.jpeg
WP_20200408_01_03_19_Pro.jpg

Last edited:

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Until your trying to get that last gallon of milk on the top shelf at the very back..5’2”here

I was in the supermarket a couple of months ago in the milk aisle, I reached up to get my milk off the top shelf and a shorter lady (I'm 5' 10") said "excuse me, can you reach those last 2 bottles at the back?"
I reached over, touched both bottles and said "Yep!". I grabbed my milk and started to walk away!
The look on her face was priceless!
I winked, she burst out laughing and I got her milk for her! :p

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm absolutely cursed it seems... but Good Morning, People of Katrina's Kin!

Not too sure what you're referring to but sending better vibes.

Good morning to you and to the rest of the readers too!

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not too sure what you're referring to but sending better vibes.

Good morning to you and to the rest of the readers too!

I bought a Cerebra, because it was cheap, and it was working... Two days into owning it, something went bad with the SD card, and now I'm manually patching it.

It's a shame noone actually has one lying around that I know, otherwise I'd take a flash of their SD card to make mine work again.

I have a penchant for fixing broken things, it's why I've been married 23 years.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Cerebra, because it was cheap, and it was working... Two days into owning it, something went bad with the SD card, and now I'm manually patching it.

It's a shame noone actually has one lying around that I know, otherwise I'd take a flash of their SD card to make mine work again.

I have a penchant for fixing broken things, it's why I've been married 23 years.

Have you considered making a thread asking if there are other Cerebra users/owners? Then asking if one of them would be willing to flash their SD card and mail it to you?

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered making a thread asking if there are other Cerebra users/owners? Then asking if one of them would be willing to flash their SD card and mail it to you?
Did one better and requested to join the old Cerebra Beta group on FB, and contacted one of the guys that was stockpiling V1's before Vertex collapsed. Still waiting to hear back, but I've been up all night building a linux box and shifting data around. I'm at least to the point where I have a desktop on the unit again.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did one better and requested to join the old Cerebra Beta group on FB, and contacted one of the guys that was stockpiling V1's before Vertex collapsed. Still waiting to hear back, but I've been up all night building a linux box and shifting data around. I'm at least to the point where I have a desktop on the unit again.

Good luck and I hope you hear back from the V1 hoarder on FB. I'm betting you'll not be found wuthout a backup SD card again! ;)

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh, and I sent a message off to the guys at Scitronix in Austria, the ones who built the V1 platform, for Vertex... Still no answer from them, and I'm not sure if I expect one... but it's an option. If I can get an .ISO file from them, I can at least reassemble it with the Vertex programming just by having a structure to compare it to... or I can use it outright, since they're both the same unit.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

That's a skill that a whole lotta people would certainly trade a Cerebra for.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm really excited to get the Miracle here so I can dry fit some rock in the tank. I want to do it with the tank on the stand to see what it will look like at the actual height. Probably crazy, but I just want it to be perfect. I'm not going to rush into this.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really excited to get the Miracle here so I can dry fit some rock in the tank. I want to do it with the tank on the stand to see what it will look like at the actual height. Probably crazy, but I just want it to be perfect. I'm not going to rush into this.

Have you considered building a 2" x 2" wooden frame to the dimensions of the tank and placing that on the stand? Then, as you place the rock, you can gently put a piece of tape on each rock, number it and snap some pics. This way, you're not running any unnecessary risks of scratching or damaging the tank.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Have you considered building a 2" x 2" wooden frame to the dimensions of the tank and placing that on the stand? Then, as you place the rock, you can gently put a piece of tape on each rock, number it and snap some pics. This way, you're not running any unnecessary risks of scratching or damaging the tank.
I have eggcrate for the bottom of the tank, but I do like your idea!

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Y'all think Tangs and Foxfaces like the same type of swim throughs? I watched @Brew12's, but it wasn't for very long. I started drooling on the tank... seriously, I have only seen them in frag tanks and at the LFS otherwise.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 53 29.8%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 64 36.0%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 31 17.4%
  • Other

Votes: 52 29.2%
Back