Which tang?

• Total voters

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you who won't visit my build page:p, here's the latest pic of my rainbow stylo. It's opening up nicely. This is my first sps, so I don't have illusions it's going to keep going this way.:rolleyes:

20200530_211908.jpg IMG_20200530_215748_599.jpg

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dolelo96 it's so hard watching our dads get weak. My heart is with you. I totally get what you're going through.
It is, especially with my stubborn one. He’s had his hip’s replaced 3 times, cancer twice (this will make 3), lost 10 lbs before they were able to do the testing on his insides (thanks covid) and he hasn’t been able to go to physical therapy (thanks again covid) to help strengthen his hips from his fall last year. We are so scared the next fall, because we know it will happen again, he won’t be able to come back from. Do you know why he won’t renovate? He’s convinced making it handicap friendly will hurt the resale value of the house if my mom want’s to sell it after he’s gone.

I need to spend some more time here.. you guys are great!

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is, especially with my stubborn one. He’s had his hip’s replaced 3 times, cancer twice (this will make 3), lost 10 lbs before they were able to do the testing on his insides (thanks covid) and he hasn’t been able to go to physical therapy (thanks again covid) to help strengthen his hips from his fall last year. We are so scared the next fall, because we know it will happen again, he won’t be able to come back from. Do you know why he won’t renovate? He’s convinced making it handicap friendly will hurt the resale value of the house if my mom want’s to sell it after he’s gone.

I need to spend some more time here.. you guys are great!
I need to rephrase..Being here with all of you makes me feel better. You guys bring a smile to my face

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Dad fell in the bathroom. My mom couldn’t lift him so he had her bring the memory foam mattress topper, blanket & pillows in and slept on the bathroom floor all night. They didn’t want to call 911 because their gardener/fixit guy was going to be there this morning. Apparently this is the second time it happened.We’ve been trying to get them to renovate the bathroom to make it more handicapped friendly, but they insist that it happened because he wore the wrong socks..both times. He forgot. to use his socks that have rubber on the bottom.

Hopefully everyone else has had a good day!
Hope he's okay. Not joking when I say , a couple signs on index card may help " DID YOU REMEMBER YOUR SOCKS? "

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you who won't visit my build page:p, here's the latest pic of my rainbow stylo. It's opening up nicely. This is my first sps, so I don't have illusions it's going to keep going this way.:rolleyes:

20200530_211908.jpg IMG_20200530_215748_599.jpg
I most certainly have! Just not lately. If it makes you feel any better, I haven’t visited mine
9F59491C-9847-4766-8B20-C0009E8311BC.gif

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope he's okay. Not joking when I say , a couple signs on index card may help " DID YOU REMEMBER YOUR SOCKS? "
That’s actually a great idea! We can attach it to his walker. Thank you!!

Sometimes simple can make all the difference :)

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh..shoot me now.
My husband is from Ft. Mill, SC..chicken & dumplings is a staple in this family. My husband makes the BEST dumplings. Unfortunately, they aren’t on my diet ;Shifty

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just freakin' kill me. Italian. Sigh.
This little old lady (and she is so much fun) stands there and rolls out pasta all night--every night. Fortunata in Rome has the best pasta Carbonara in the world. I've tried all different ways to make my pasta and have never been able to figure out what they do to it... it's just the best.
fortunata3.jpg

Here a full bowl.
fortunata1.jpg

Here's the empty bowl. lol
fortunata2.jpg

A meal there usually last between 3 & 4 hours. Of course there is wine.:)--copious amounts. I would literally fly to Italy to eat there and come home... it's that good.

p.s. I have tried to buy their bowls and plates, but they won[t sell them. And I've gotten to know the management, but no go.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This little old lady (and she is so much fun) stands there and rolls out pasta all night--every night. Fortunata in Rome has the best pasta Carbonara in the world. I've tried all different ways to make my pasta and have never been able to figure out what they do to it... it's just the best.
fortunata3.jpg

Here a full bowl.
fortunata1.jpg

Here's the empty bowl. lol
fortunata2.jpg

A meal there usually last between 3 & 4 hours. Of course there is wine.:)--copious amounts. I would literally fly to Italy to eat there and come home... it's that good.

p.s. I have tried to buy their bowls and plates, but they won[t sell them. And I've gotten to know the management, but no go.
CC6272BC-8E3C-4E56-8FED-13E144373A5A.gif

If you haven’t noticed, I’m a huge bugs bunny fan

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back