The most Alien looking creature in your Tank

Northwest_Scapes_

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I found these a while back on some of my Macroalgae and had no idea what they were. Turns out they're a species of Hydroid, specifically Candelabrum sp. They're really unique in that they can stretch out (like in the pic), retract, and they're not able to really sting Fish or Inverts like the Hydroids that normally pop (that are actually baby Upside Down Jellies iirc). They eat copepods and other little things so I just let them be. They remind me of a Deep-Sea Siphonophore.

This sparked an idea in my head of what is the most Alien looking creature (Hitchhiker, Intentional addition, etc) in your guys' Tanks? I feel like we see quite a few "Alien looking" animals in the trade such as Arrow Crabs, Mantis Shrimp species, and some Urchin species so this should be fun
DSC05501.JPG

KING KONG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I found these a while back on some of my Macroalgae and had no idea what they were. Turns out they're a species of Hydroid, specifically Candelabrum sp. They're really unique in that they can stretch out (like in the pic), retract, and they're not able to really sting Fish or Inverts like the Hydroids that normally pop (that are actually baby Upside Down Jellies iirc). They eat copepods and other little things so I just let them be. They remind me of a Deep-Sea Siphonophore.

This sparked an idea in my head of what is the most Alien looking creature (Hitchhiker, Intentional addition, etc) in your guys' Tanks? I feel like we see quite a few "Alien looking" animals in the trade such as Arrow Crabs, Mantis Shrimp species, and some Urchin species so this should be fun
DSC05501.JPG
I hv many Hitchhikers. vermetid snail

Colonial hydroids

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back