The Moving Game: How do I fill every square foot of my new home with aquariums?

RDH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seriously though, I have been reefing since March, and have been lucky enough to keep a happy tank going for this relatively short time.
20191110_134114.jpg

After a job upgrade and a whirlwind of other life stuff, my partner and I are going to be closing on a new home this week.... so....... how big should I upgrade the tank?!?

Current setup is a 7' 200g oceanic tank built in 1991. The only place in the new home it could comfortably fit would be in the laundry room, so I'm thinking of plumbing a display tank from the dining room into the back. The 7' will become a new frag growout, and I would just get a big ole rubbermaid tub underneath for sump, rocks, reverse light fuge, etc. Plumbed through an external return pump.

The dining room corner I'm thinking of (laundry room straight through in the back)
Screenshot_20191218-224149_Message+.jpg

The area is about 60" from doorframe to corner.

I think it would be the perfect space for a tank like this: https://www.fishtanksdirect.com/tsu...h-quarter-cylinder-acrylic-aquarium-q235.aspx

I bet the bow front would be a ***** to clean, and worry that a square tank will jut too intensively into the dining room....but I can get a way bigger tank with that square size... I'm torn in all sorts of directions!

Anyone have any suggestions or pics of similar builds??

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Heres how you fill the whole house

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back