Would you hire someone or do it yourself?

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweating pipe not super hard watch some you tube vids and you can master putting in a T I replaced my boiler and that was ALLOT of connections. BUT like others have said I rather work few hours of OT and pay someone else to do something that im not super comfortable with. Ive used shark bite also and its pretty amazing my brother in law told me about it. I used that in the wall cus I was worried about setting my house on fire trying to sweat/solder in small area under my sink with MAP gas. I left the sheetrock hole open and its been 5 years not a drip.... Guess I should prob cover that up now LOL

JayM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depends on what's in there. PEX yes, you can do it. Copper, yes but with some skill (they have shark bite but I don't like the idea of burying that in a wall. )

Drainage is just like gluing tank pvc.

Drywall, if you have basic woodworking skill to create some blocking you might even be able to reuse the piece you cut out.
PEX isn't suitable for outside use. He'll need to use at least some copper to transition from the water source to inside the house.

Shark Bite fittings are perfectly fine to use inside a wall. I've installed dozens of them over the years with zero failures. They're especially nice when you need to make a 90 inside the wall and don't want to burn the house down trying to sweat the fittings together in a tight corner.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 73.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back