The New CT reefers

Good_vibes_reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, and I've been a paid Member for the past 5 years or more. I guess I'm not sure what your saying. I have posted on the ctars website in the past. I guess I thought the badge would be automatic is all. No biggie, I like the idea of a PR.
Yes it’s not automatic you actually have to request it yourself so we can approve it and I don’t honestly even remember how to do the actual request. I will research it after this evening but if someone knows how please lend some help. I actually have a queue of 6 people now that are not paid members requesting to be added.

Good_vibes_reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thought, the other club in Connecticut has no traffic to speak of lately. Can we reach out to them and maybe try and merge together?
Which club is that? I was never aware of another CT reef club. Edit I’m wrong I am following them too and just haven’t seen it in forever hahah

Good_vibes_reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thought, the other club in Connecticut has no traffic to speak of lately. Can we reach out to them and maybe try and merge together?
Just checked. Only new posts since the beginning of last year are max reef posting sales just come join CTARS!

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210113-171830_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210113-171830_Chrome.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 24

A.Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea about club finances since I never attend meetings. Perhaps the new BOD though, when confirmed, considers an account with a different bank. BOA is ridiculous with it's fees.
Totally on the to do list. Already started looking at banks. We just need to physically get a couple board members at a bank, in a bank when allowed, at the same time. Bank of America is what the club has had for a while but we don't get much for the fees we are charged so we are looking for something more affordable.

BiGGiePauls33

YT/GreatBeardedReef and IG/GreatBeardedReef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it ok for Boston Reefers Society officers to attend this meeting. We'd like to collaborate on some events/meetings in the foreseeable future. Kind of like the old days. I'm the current President and would love to network with y'all.

SinCityRee4r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey all glad to see you are all trying to pull CTARS back. These are tough times for our clubs. I have been on the BOD for the last 3 years at Boston reefers. FFM was the last event we attended also. Good luck and if I here of any CT locals looking for a local reef club I’ll refer them your way. Happy Reefing!

Good_vibes_reefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it ok for Boston Reefers Society officers to attend this meeting. We'd like to collaborate on some events/meetings in the foreseeable future. Kind of like the old days. I'm the current President and would love to network with y'all.
The zoom was last night but in the future definitely join and chat with us! I remember meeting you quick at FFM and we talked quick about reconnecting the clubs as well as with LIRA. It would be great to collaborate with you guys!

SinCityRee4r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
we missed it but maybe we could have a meet and greet zoom between BRS and CTARS officers. CTARS officers let us know.

Thanks in Advance!

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
we missed it but maybe we could have a meet and greet zoom between BRS and CTARS officers. CTARS officers let us know.

Thanks in Advance!
Thats a great idea. I'm on your site frequently Your forums are always active and well managed. It would be great to connect and learn from each other. Thank you for the offer.

Ti64reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for volunteering Paul. Once our board is finalized we'll set up some time to get a meeting going between both clubs.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back