OP
jayspadesreef

jayspadesreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m confused who are cstars and why are they in the thread ? Don’t mean to be rude or anything just done know anything about it

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your troubles, hoping for a better new year for you and your family

The tank looks great. What do you have fixed to the back wall?
Are you talking about the magnetic frag rack? Or the material we are using to give the back panel a frosted look. If the latter, it's something I picked up at Wal-Mart. I originally used it as a light defuser for our LED fixture. Since we drilled the tank as a peninsula style tank and the original idea for placement of the tank in our new place didn't work out. We didn't want to stare at the bare wall behind the tank. It'll look really cool with defused light from a ascent led set. We'll be able to change the color of the backdrop at a wim. Just a idea my son had. We'll see how it works out.

saturn13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about the magnetic frag rack? Or the material we are using to give the back panel a frosted look. If the latter, it's something I picked up at Wal-Mart. I originally used it as a light defuser for our LED fixture. Since we drilled the tank as a peninsula style tank and the original idea for placement of the tank in our new place didn't work out. We didn't want to stare at the bare wall behind the tank. It'll look really cool with defused light from a ascent led set. We'll be able to change the color of the backdrop at a wim. Just a idea my son had. We'll see how it works out.
I think it's the frag rack, makes it look like part of your scape set-up. Really nice layout. Are you looking to add any particular types of corals. Yeah the back wall looks good, I thought it was painted or up against something unique, couldn't really tell.

arctictwist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stumbled across this thread. Couldn't of happened at a better time. This past year couldn't of been any worse. " Not because of Covid " Honestly that was a simple speed bump in life for us. Last Nov I had a accident that I fell two stories flat on my back fracturing my spine. Doing something our landlord should of been responsible for. Our landlord cut off all communications with us refused to take rent and then evicted us for non payment. In a scramble we had to find someone that was willing to take our reef. Thankfully Waz graciously stepped up. Unfortunately that power outage over the summer really effected the livestock with devastating blow. So if you're not all aware he could use support from the community. Anyways it's been a year and my family and I finally got into our own place the beginning of Dec. My son and a I have setup a New build. It's only A 40 breeder and custom sump. Finished everything up New Year's Eve and Day. We are starting completely over from scratch. I really hope we get back to having meetings in person. I'm not even sure if this old Amazon fire tablet can even do Skype It is nice to see so many really wanting to hold the community together.

IMG_20210101_190531_kindlephoto-306517793.jpg IMG_20210101_192131_kindlephoto-307114976.jpg
Sorry to hear about your troubles. Love the scape on that new build!

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it's the frag rack, makes it look like part of your scape set-up. Really nice layout. Are you looking to add any particular types of corals. Yeah the back wall looks good, I thought it was painted or up against something unique, couldn't really tell.
Thank you for the compliment. This is a downsize for us. A foot shorter in length and four inches in hight. Plans are to have a few LPS and clams on the sand bed and on that little separate island. The main Aquascape will be SPS dominant. I'm a short person having to stand/balance on a latter and be shoulder deep in water to work in the tank just isn't appealing to me anymore. Due to my disability this is a much safer and easier setup. I can reach right in without problem. We would like to start off with a few zoas just to get some colour in there. The nitrogen cycle is complete so we'll be removing The yellow tail damsels and get two small utilitarian fish. All the rock is mature rock and we used live sand. The cycle was nice and fast. The water is testing 0 for Ammonia and Nitrite and 5 for Nitrate.

Ti64reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening folks!
I've been working with the original club officers and we need to breed some new energy into the club. For the meeting this week we're going to elect some new officers. The current ctars board will send out the details tomorrow and let's get some volunteers for officers and get the club better than ever.

I'll send out the zoom details tomorrow as well. Please be sure to attend and the more we have help the better the club this year. There will be a separate thread for nominations and I'll the details for the meeting on a separate thread.

Ti64reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys. Also due to some confusion with nominations we'll have to have the meeting on Wednesday the 13th. The meeting notice will be out tomorrow. Let's get a lot of people on the call and re build the club!

A.Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m confused who are cstars and why are they in the thread ? Don’t mean to be rude or anything just done know anything about it
In theory everyone on this thread is CTARS. It's a club of people interested in reefing that get together in person (prior to covid) or on forums like this to talk about reef stuff. In theory, since this is part of the CTARS forum, everyone joining in this conversation is CTARS, we are CTARS.

A.Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW, 2021 board positions are posted, any dues paying ($20) active member from 2020 (or 2021 if you want to join/rejoin/renew) can nominate any other active member. There's a lot of enthusiasm in this thread and the board has been understaffed for a couple years. The 2019 board and 2020 board members volunteered at the 11th hour to keep the club, a state registered not for profit, alive an functioning. There were some great ideas about having meetings in more locations to be more inclusive around the state but a lot of that got put on hold because of covid. If you have ideas, more zoom meetings, other types of events, etc., enthusiasm and a willingness to commit a couple hours a month please step up. There is literally no one on the current board that will be hurt or offended if new people want to step up for the betterment of the club.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back