The New CT reefers

Ti64reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK folks the holiday was way more busy than I was thinking. That being said here is the schedule I'm thinking for the next few months. We'll go with the second Tuesday of every month.

Jan 12th
Feb 9th
March 9th
April 13th
May 11th

I'll get the first speaker set up for the 12th. Also who runs the club today. I want to make sure they are at least aware of what we are doing.

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see if I can get a hold of someone from the club on Facebook. Maybe we can get an update on the club,, nominations, finances, par meter etc.

rtn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll get the first speaker set up for the 12th. Also who runs the club today. I want to make sure they are at least aware of what we are doing.

Here's the CTARS 2020 Board. I don't believe nominations have happened for 2021.

@Good_vibes_reefing (ctars president)
@A.Jones (ctars vp)
@HerpN (Secretary)
@Waz (Education Ambassador)

OP
OP
jayspadesreef

jayspadesreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been to a meeting or two but frankly this year it's really tough given the circumstances. If anyone up for a zoom meeting where we can see everyones tank and get advice from the group. May also be a good opportunity to trade corals. Mine has a long way to go so I'm happy to take the advice.
Yessss man that would be dope I’ll put a pole up and see what ppl think

SinCityRee4r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
...with the current upsurge of new cases I fear it will only get worse - zoom meetings are a good idea if we can find someone technically savvy enough to run them so they don’t look like a cluster.
This is what we have done at Boston Reefers Sociaty. I has been a good way to stay connected.

OP
OP
jayspadesreef

jayspadesreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK folks the holiday was way more busy than I was thinking. That being said here is the schedule I'm thinking for the next few months. We'll go with the second Tuesday of every month.

Jan 12th
Feb 9th
March 9th
April 13th
May 11th

That would be me Ig

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stumbled across this thread. Couldn't of happened at a better time. This past year couldn't of been any worse. " Not because of Covid " Honestly that was a simple speed bump in life for us. Last Nov I had a accident that I fell two stories flat on my back fracturing my spine. Doing something our landlord should of been responsible for. Our landlord cut off all communications with us refused to take rent and then evicted us for non payment. In a scramble we had to find someone that was willing to take our reef. Thankfully Waz graciously stepped up. Unfortunately that power outage over the summer really effected the livestock with devastating blow. So if you're not all aware he could use support from the community. Anyways it's been a year and my family and I finally got into our own place the beginning of Dec. My son and a I have setup a New build. It's only A 40 breeder and custom sump. Finished everything up New Year's Eve and Day. We are starting completely over from scratch. I really hope we get back to having meetings in person. I'm not even sure if this old Amazon fire tablet can even do Skype It is nice to see so many really wanting to hold the community together.

IMG_20210101_190531_kindlephoto-306517793.jpg IMG_20210101_192131_kindlephoto-307114976.jpg

Mike_J

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stumbled across this thread. Couldn't of happened at a better time. This past year couldn't of been any worse. " Not because of Covid " Honestly that was a simple speed bump in life for us. Last Nov I had a accident that I fell two stories flat on my back fracturing my spine. Doing something our landlord should of been responsible for. Our landlord cut off all communications with us refused to take rent and then evicted us for non payment. In a scramble we had to find someone that was willing to take our reef. Thankfully Waz graciously stepped up. Unfortunately that power outage over the summer really effected the livestock with devastating blow. So if you're not all aware he could use support from the community. Anyways it's been a year and my family and I finally got into our own place the beginning of Dec. My son and a I have setup a New build. It's only A 40 breeder and custom sump. Finished everything up New Year's Eve and Day. We are starting completely over from scratch. I really hope we get back to having meetings in person. I'm not even sure if this old Amazon fire tablet can even do Skype It is nice to see so many really wanting to hold the community together.

IMG_20210101_190531_kindlephoto-306517793.jpg IMG_20210101_192131_kindlephoto-307114976.jpg
Sorry about your injury and troubles. Your new setup looks great though!

saturn13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry to hear about your troubles, hoping for a better new year for you and your family

The tank looks great. What do you have fixed to the back wall?

Back