OP
OP
Mabisyo

Mabisyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe Tnx a lot guys, As usual sooo excited to fillerup as well :-D (School is tearin up my hobby! LoL)...am still debating if the 2 Holes are enough to drain the tank, What are you guys thought on the Calfo design? Suggestions very much appreciated Bro's :)...

Tanx

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that looks like it was built by glasscages.

personally, i think 2 holes was too much. you would have been fine with one hole that fits a 1" bulkhead, or 1.5" bulkhead to be safer.

the reason i say this is you wont be able to put much flow through that overflow anyways based on those 2 tiny holes on top for the overflow. thats were your limiting flow factor is most likely going to be. not sure how big the holes are, but i cant see more than 600gph making it through (if not less).

what is the size of the tank? and sizes of all those holes?

OP
OP
Mabisyo

Mabisyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that looks like it was built by glasscages.

personally, i think 2 holes was too much. you would have been fine with one hole that fits a 1" bulkhead, or 1.5" bulkhead to be safer.

the reason i say this is you wont be able to put much flow through that overflow anyways based on those 2 tiny holes on top for the overflow. thats were your limiting flow factor is most likely going to be. not sure how big the holes are, but i cant see more than 600gph making it through (if not less).

what is the size of the tank? and sizes of all those holes?

Yeah i guess i was just too excited to take it home then noticed WHOA those are small holes! hehe so yeah like i said i will be taking my time with this (AS PAINFUL AS IT IS :hammer: ) I'm planning to enlarge the holes into a one Full slot 3x.75 inches, so needless to say i'm going to grind the holes through...So from hole to hole as you see now will be a (______) looking slot :)...Hmmm when you say safer, I've asked before what kind of glass this is but as i said have little to choose from...My 120gal uses the same Glass and it's been up for more than one month no problems...How can you tell if it's a Glass cages and what's that?? :horse: ...With the back being re-enforced by the Overflow glass do think it would crack with the slot i'm planning to put in? FYI the tank is 20x20x16 approx 28gals with 1/4 thick Glass....

Comments are very welcome TanX :cool:

BTW PICS of the project, And yes the stand is tall :hammer: Hehe totally higher than i wanted but hope it would work out, its Perfectly eye level :-D...

STANDcube.jpg

standcubepvc.jpg

Equip.jpg

cubesump.jpg

surfn

I bleed orange and maroon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glasscages is just a company that makes odd sized tanks out of glass.......just looks like their style of building with all the glass reinforcing panels in the sides and bracing around the top, and the glass overflow......you dont see too many places build tanks like that.

www.glasscages.com

no idea what kind of glass that is, but i would hope its just standard glass........by enlarging that area for the overflow, i'm not sure how that may impact the strength of the tank.....maybe someone else here has a better idea.

OP
OP
Mabisyo

Mabisyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
glasscages is just a company that makes odd sized tanks out of glass.......just looks like their style of building with all the glass reinforcing panels in the sides and bracing around the top, and the glass overflow......you dont see too many places build tanks like that.

www.glasscages.com

no idea what kind of glass that is, but i would hope its just standard glass........by enlarging that area for the overflow, i'm not sure how that may impact the strength of the tank.....maybe someone else here has a better idea.

:hammer: WHEeeew! mayne u got me all nervous :D ...tanx

BTW i built the tank :D...

OP
OP
Mabisyo

Mabisyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok having the slot grinded now, so it will be a 2.75x.75...but if i can i will go for a 3x1 slot...

I'm so patient that its not even FUNNY! hehe

OP
OP
Mabisyo

Mabisyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update on my log
tanx for looking...

P1030032.jpg

New grinded up Slot...hmmm re-enforced the surrounding just to make sure.

cuthand.jpg

cutbackoff.jpg

cutback.jpg

backcomplete.jpg

wdsump.jpg

decided to cutout the back part just enough for the sump and for better ventilation.

paintback.jpg

Decided to paint the back as well

PaintedFullfront.jpg

Front
sideview.jpg

sidemessy120.jpg

Side view

secondthief

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the setup is looking really good, I especially like the background poster ;)

OP
OP
Mabisyo

Mabisyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mayne cant wait for the actual RUNNING WATER! hehe...am being a little bit more patient, i am going to use 100% NSW :-D...and am going to go DSB as to all my other tanks...

OP
OP
Mabisyo

Mabisyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys?? suggestions pls on the plumbing :-D and all the other stuff? Comments :)

OP
OP
Mabisyo

Mabisyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What would you guys think i should put as a return pump?? hmmmm here in the philippines people seem to use RIO's HF as an external pump...hmmm What kind would you suggest? :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would say a Mag 5 would do the trick.

OP
OP
Mabisyo

Mabisyo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMgoodness.....No Time! hehe Can you believe the most expensive Tang in the philippines is the Yellow tang?? hehe :hammer:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back