The Next Chapter: From Display System to Frag System

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following Nick. We have a lot of similarities including ostreopsis and moving tanks. I will be moving this Summer and have thought of selling off my RSR250 and restarting with a frag tank. I've thought about drilling an aqueon just like you did but was thinking of drilling from the bottom and having an in tank overflow. I'm also strongly considering going back to T5s and I have an ATI fixture laying around thankfully.

Let me know how the modular marine overflow is sound wise!

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following Nick. We have a lot of similarities including ostreopsis and moving tanks. I will be moving this Summer and have thought of selling off my RSR250 and restarting with a frag tank. I've thought about drilling an aqueon just like you did but was thinking of drilling from the bottom and having an in tank overflow. I'm also strongly considering going back to T5s and I have an ATI fixture laying around thankfully.

Let me know how the modular marine overflow is sound wise!
I dread the thought of moving, but I know that we will move into our first home within the next few years. We are leaning toward building, which will allow me to design my fish room. :cool:

I’m happy with my decision to switch to my SunPower from the Radions that I used to have. I don’t have to worry about hotspots, spectrum, or PAR. I have plenty of PAR, the spectrum is blended well throughout, and the spread is great. I prefer far less blue than what many hobbyists prefer these days, so I am enjoying my choice of three Blue Plus Bulbs and three Coral Plus bulbs.

I’m quite happy with my Modular Marine overflow. It’s quiet, and it looks great. I noticed a few leaks that I have seemingly fixed, but I still have one more leak in the plumbing of a drain that I will fix tomorrow. My COR-15 is running at 100% through the 1” return, and the overflow is silent.

drawman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dread the thought of moving, but I know that we will move into our first home within the next few years. We are leaning toward building, which will allow me to design my fish room. :cool:

I’m happy with my decision to switch to my SunPower from the Radions that I used to have. I don’t have to worry about hotspots, spectrum, or PAR. I have plenty of PAR, the spectrum is blended well throughout, and the spread is great. I prefer far less blue than what many hobbyists prefer these days, so I am enjoying my choice of three Blue Plus Bulbs and three Coral Plus bulbs.

I’m quite happy with my Modular Marine overflow. It’s quiet, and it looks great. I noticed a few leaks that I have seemingly fixed, but I still have one more leak in the plumbing of a drain that I will fix tomorrow. My COR-15 is running at 100% through the 1” return, and the overflow is silent.

For some reason I can't unmute the volume but I will take your word for it! I love the B+C+ combo and look too. I've never been a fan of the all blue look. Makes Tenuises look great though.

OP
OP
nickkohrn

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason I can't unmute the volume but I will take your word for it!
That's my fault. In almost every video I post, I like to mute the sound so that it doesn't startle anyone with volume changes and so there is no background noise of my dogs barking or my wife cursing at me. :cool:

I love the B+C+ combo and look too. I've never been a fan of the all blue look. Makes Tenuises look great though.
Oh, I miss the pop of my Cherry Bomb, Homewrecker, Orange Passion, and Jolt. However, I am excited to see what they do under the SunPower.

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saving this one here gonna have to get all caught up on it later.
Awesome build!

Back