The Official MACNA Photo and Event Thread for R2R!

andywe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Four Star Hotel on THE OCEAN......Bam, $129 a night

Anyone notice the Macna2013 website does not have the early registration price up? Went to buy tickets after I made sure I wasn't going to be out of country for work and they want $20.00 more per ticket than at the show... I emailed and asked about the early registration pricing.

Titus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone notice the Macna2013 website does not have the early registration price up? Went to buy tickets after I made sure I wasn't going to be out of country for work and they want $20.00 more per ticket than at the show... I emailed and asked about the early registration pricing.
The early pricing was only good for 3 days. I think I heard someone say that the $109 price would be good for about 2 months before another price jump.

.Marshall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I grabbed 2 tickets last night because I was afraid of what the next price hike would be.. 2 tickets during macna was $178 and just ordered 2 last night for $218... not happy....

Selt1018

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah but he lost his custom autographed "Tanked" poster :snicker:

That was a gift for allowing me to store my crap in your room til time to go. Everytime you look at it framed hanging on your wall I want you to think of how much you enjoyed meeting those guys. That and I couldnt figure out how to carry it all, I had to prioritize between the carry on bag with my clothes, my laptop bag with the laptop and anything else I could fit from the freebies, and the large carry on I had to buy there to carry everything else back ooor a poster..

Selt1018

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my gosh!!
You almost needed an extra suitcase to get home.

Funny story about that.. I actually did. I stopped at the store on the second floor of the hotel and bought a nice large carry on once i realized they were going to charge me an arm and a leg to ship it back I think shipping it FedEx with the fees they charged on top of the FedEx fees was around $60 for the box I had. TSA loved me bringing the Real Reef Rock and the bag of Red Sea salt back in my carry on. I spent about 5 minutes explaining while they did a swab test to make sure there were no drugs in my carry on. But I had also bought some coral, AiptasiaX, and a few other things so needed the extra space for a cooler in my carry on bag..

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That was a gift for allowing me to store my crap in your room til time to go. Everytime you look at it framed hanging on your wall I want you to think of how much you enjoyed meeting those guys. That and I couldnt figure out how to carry it all, I had to prioritize between the carry on bag with my clothes, my laptop bag with the laptop and anything else I could fit from the freebies, and the large carry on I had to buy there to carry everything else back ooor a poster..

Haha, it was nice meeting you man. Glad we got to hang out, maybe we can do it again sometime.

H2Oceans

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a great show and nice to see Rev and meet him finaly keep up the good work here and see you guys next year. And for next year it is only going to be better then this one for sure already have a booth there for next year.

WesF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone recall the name of the booth that featured that underwater vacuum hair algae remover thingee? I believe it was located somewhere in the back 'raffle room'.

Algae Mower Vacuum.

I bought one at MACNA and the pump was very weak and died in less than 5 minutes after turning it on. Hopefully it was just a bad pump. It is s great idea and i was excited to use it.

There is supposed to be a 1 yr warrantee. I emailed them twice with no response yet.

Last edited:

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw her... Er I mean that booth lol

Sent from my iPhone

M@!

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae Mower Vacuum.

I bought one at MACNA and the pump was very weak and died in less than 5 minutes after turning it on. Hopefully it was just a bad pump. It is s great idea and i was excited to use it.

There is supposed to be a 1 yr warrantee. I emailed them twice with no response yet.
I just PM'd you a phone #. :angel:

WesF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just PM'd you a phone #. :angel:

Thanks, I think I may have been using an old email address. The email in the instructions is different than the one on the website. Hopefully it gets worked out. I was pretty excited to use it.

WesF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, I think I may have been using an old email address. The email in the instructions is different than the one on the website. Hopefully it gets worked out. I was pretty excited to use it.

Ok, I got the correct email and he responded in minutes. Kong is sending me a new one. Nice guy!

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so excited to be going next year since it's only a 15 minute drive from my house, Also my work may be setting up a vendor booth at MACNA so I may be going for free and if that's the case I will just sell my tickets to whoever needs them

Selt1018

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, it was nice meeting you man. Glad we got to hang out, maybe we can do it again sometime.

Yeah man I had alot of fun hanging out with you also. You, Mike, and Terry deffinately kept it interesting during the downtimes. You all should have come to the airport I was bored to death and didnt sleep. Did meet a few interesting people there though.

AquamanE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow...It's usually good for a few months. Florida must think they are more special..lol.

Andy- Im sorry you feel that way. We have based our pricing on historical data from previous MACNA's, even if our venue is more expensive than other past events. Our committee has been in contact with the past three years hosts on ALL aspects of putting this event together.

We are not reinventing the wheel here because its in Florida. Please realize that at $89, the event takes a loss when you consider food and beverage for the reception and banquet alone. Its an incentive to sign folks up early, nothing more.

Texasnano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae Mower Vacuum.

I remember them my cousin got one as well, but i think he got it more for the female that was helping sell them....lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back