OP
Panda Jerk

Panda Jerk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank ya!! My attempt will certainly be more messy. Yours is surgeon level.
Thanks man! I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. The hinges are mostly useless with the schidt show of wiring lurking behind it. But we don’t talk about that…

Your update pic reminds me I need to post some updates too!

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks man! I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. The hinges are mostly useless with the schidt show of wiring lurking behind it. But we don’t talk about that…

Your update pic reminds me I need to post some updates too!

Yes!!! Let’s see what’s moving around by that great aquascape you’ve got!!

OP
OP
Panda Jerk

Panda Jerk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long overdue update... Things are doing pretty well a few months in. Nitrates holding around 20,and Alk at 9.9, Mg ~1500 and Ca ~450. I'm only dosing ESV and thinking about dialing it back a bit just to see what effect it will have. Currently dosing 20ml over 12 hours beginning 2 hours after lights out.

Phosphates are elevated at 0.27 and I suspect it's leaching from the dry Marco rock and I was out of town and my kid's friend was feeding, so I had her drop a cube of Cyclops in each evening. So now there's a flat dusting of green algae on most of the upward-facing surfaces and a little bit of maybe a browner looking algae on the sand toward the end of the light period. I have not done a water change. I'm trying to take that route anyway.

The algae scrubber has been on 18 hour cycles since day 0 and 10 days ago there was finally some evidence of life. It's filling in across the lower part of the screen fast and seems to grow almost daily to the eye. I'm hoping the phosphate comes down over time as this ramps up but it may be wishful thinking.

Some algae yumminess
IMG_4374.jpg

So far I've been adding smaller frags from my LFS and some from SavageReefers. Been pretty happy with what's shipped so far, and when something goes wrong, RJ makes it right. I've added in a Favites, Platygyre, Firework Clove Polyps, Lobo, 2 Acans, Small Hammer, a freebie tiny Hammer, Frogspawn, Ricordea, GSP and an experimental Goniopora (I know, too soon).

CUC is 15 hermits, 10 Astrea's, 5 Nassarius, 10 Cerith's and a small brittle star.

Fish wise, a mated pair of Occelaris, Coral Beauty and a (Blue??) Midas Blenny. There are 5 Blue Damsels MF'ers that are gone as soon as I can catch the jerks.

NOTE: My photo skills don't pay the bills lol
IMG_4383.jpg

IMG_4388.jpg

IMG_4391.jpg

IMG_4392.jpg

IMG_4396.jpg

IMG_4404.jpg

And the obligatory FTS
IMG_4406.jpg

Kodock

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not hijacking your build thread, but thanks a million for the links to the T2020 sockets and slide in nuts so I could finally hang a light in my sump and can finally see!.. and can see how dirty it is lol Much appreciated!!

IMG_5772.jpeg

OP
OP
Panda Jerk

Panda Jerk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not hijacking your build thread, but thanks a million for the links to the T2020 sockets and slide in nuts so I could finally hang a light in my sump and can finally see!.. and can see how dirty it is lol Much appreciated!!

IMG_5772.jpeg

Yeah brotha! That’s stuff is so useful. Glad it helped

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back