The old 30g 6 to 12 month growth

Peterson88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my old 30 gallon tank. I recently upgraded to 120. Unfortunately I've had nothing but problems with the new tank...... Kinda makes me miss this one alot other then loosing my nem and branching hammer this tank was good to me.

ncm_0009-jpg.346890
ncm_0016-jpg.346891

TThen here is my 6 year olds little 5 gallon tank.

ncm_0002-2-jpg.346892

OP
OP
Peterson88

Peterson88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it started out great I had a bunch of cool fish and all my corals were adjusting well. Then it all started. I got this anthias and it got stressed from by brown powder tang chasing it it hid for days and wouldn't come out. Then I noticed the brown powder got ich. I caught the anthias and he had ich bad. I got rid of the anthias and started treating the tank with fish keeper. A few days later my bi color blenny and brown tang were dead. Next few days I lost a fire goby and lawn mower blenny. Then my yellow tang started showing signs of ich. About two weeks later after a full cycle of kick ich my clowns that I had for 5 years died. Then the yellow tang. So I lost all my fish except this bully sixline. He never got si k and never died. I left the tank with only the sixline for 8 weeks and he was fine no signs of anything. I got two new clowns and then the sixline was attacking them. I lost one of the clowns. Then I replaced it and that one died in less then a week. No ich on either just got knocked around from the sixline. So I caught the sixline and sold him. Then I got ANOTHER clown. He made it a day. So all I have left is one clown the original new buy from over a month ago and a recently purchased Royal gamma he's been in there over a week. Also my corals haven't really grown much since I put them in the tank they look healthy other then a toadstool that I've posted about but he's coming back. So I don't know kinda frustrating but love the way it looks.

mrtian97

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just hang in there, you just got bad ich attack. if you can, setup quarantine tank for the future and avoid aggressive fish. Inhad the same issue when I started my 120, lost 3 out of 9 fish within 1 wk period. Now Inhave 9 for 4 months with no issue

OP
OP
Peterson88

Peterson88

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my old 30 gallon cube set up as a qt tank just had a heck of a time trying to catch fish to put them in. I finally met this guy that sold me t5s for a killer deal. He let me borrow his acrylic trap and I caught the wrasse within 15 mins of putting it in the tank

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 33 49.3%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 16 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.0%
Back