Hello All .. just a quick update
20231101_124530.jpg
20231101_122003.jpg
20231101_122019.jpg
20231101_122028.jpg
20231101_122059.jpg
20231101_122118.jpg

I am Cycling and waiting for the coral tank to allow me to start growing
A month ago I joined and received a fantastic welcome which urged me on and I believed that anyone interested, might enjoy and update. I purchased a 36 bowfin tank and everything else I thought I might need. then sent thinks back as the design changed and the size limitations forced me to adjust. Here it is cycling. The grey rock was added just for more surface area and will be removed. along with the heaters which will be moved to sump

I built the rock high as tank is 21" deep which meant it was broken drilled glued and epoxied to get that high and keep an open flow under and through the pieces with areas to allow for growth at varied levels.( now I just have to figure what will grow best ..although I have time).

The sump has no filters in at the moment. Although I was planning to use pool filter in basket of different filter abilities, I have a 4" hole in the top basket to accommodate a sock filter. Protein skimmer will fit there. Along with that I plan to cover top last glass with piece of split coarse pool filter once I place plant material in center.

The hardest part setting up this was the balancing of the water flow to and from the sump hence you will notice adjustable flow valves at back

Todays update Should you have ideas or thoughts let me know

OP
OP
M

Majkman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still cycling but ammonia is pretty well finished and Nitrites peaking I believe ...looking ahead as Now a new phase will begin.. and I am thinking that it is now safe to remove the extra rock from my aquarium and possibly refugium.. might be too soo to add cheato as i was thinking of getting it and copepods for what will be coming
do I need rock pieces in refugium ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back