The Red & Pink zone...

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RedZone.jpg

most of the pink palys I have were on the right side of tank but the sand bed is getting cleared up since I started placing most of the frags at their permanent location.. just had to wait a while for them all to acclimate on the new lighting... most are budding a couple of polyps each... as you can see (sort of) the FTS was before the Red & Pink zone was created.. :)

the ones that are going to stay on the sand bed are my outmost favorite... will post photo again when done..

09-07-06_FTS_Close.jpg

Marvin

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
while I'm at it.. here's some other shots I took last night...

BluePalys.jpg

GreenishBluePD.jpg

GreenPalys.jpg

BlueOrganismZoas.jpg

MultiColoredZoas.jpg

PinkPaly_HitchHiker.jpg

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ficklefins said:
Lately my interest has been in Palys and you are the Paly King!

LoLz.. thanks..

I'm loving palys also.. :)

actually that's all my interest as of now and some zoas that really bright.. :)

Marvin

Trull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, I find your aquarium splendid, I likes really much your carry frags stuck to the pane. Can you give me more details on this one. Thank you :D :D

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Brandon and Trull... :)

Trull.. I'm not sure I understand this statement correctly

"I likes really much your carry frags stuck to the pane. Can you give me more details on this one."

but I'll answer how I get my frags stuck to the LR... firt, I find a good spot for the rubble LR to fit snug and then I put superglue on the rubble LR then place it in the spot chosen and make sure the superglue did it's job...

hope that answers the question.. :)

Marvin

Trull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
:D :D :D :D i'm sorry i'm not very best in english.
I badly expressed myself I love how you put your cuttings on the pane in top on the left. and I wanted to know if you had manufactured it you even or if you had bought it?
:D :D

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trull said:
:D :D :D :D i'm sorry i'm not very best in english.
I badly expressed myself I love how you put your cuttings on the pane in top on the left. and I wanted to know if you had manufactured it you even or if you had bought it?
:D :D

Rev.. LoLz... your tank should be the jealous tank.. LoLz.. we shouldn't be talking about being jealous.. hahaha.. 1 of 7 deadly sins.. ;)

Trull.. that's just an eggcrate glued to a magnet that a fellow reefer made for me for around $13.. I requested him to make me 2 more that are 8" x 2.5" to accomodate future frags.. :) the one currently in the tank will go behind my rockwork where I can hide frags I want to grow out.. they get enough light in there.. atleast I'm not going to see them all the time so I won't tinker with them.. haha.. :)

Marvin

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of magnet seems to work best, Marvin? that is a good idea for frags that need certian lighting. My frag tank, while connected to the main 125 display, only has PC's so SPS frags don't hold color.

Trull-the egg crate is a white light diffuser for fluorescent lighting. It has approximately 1/2" squares (~1,27 cm). Alot of us use it for the bottom of frag tanks to make the frags more stable (they tend to move around due to current on bare glass, in my experience).

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gflat65 said:
What kind of magnet seems to work best, Marvin? that is a good idea for frags that need certian lighting. My frag tank, while connected to the main 125 display, only has PC's so SPS frags don't hold color.

Trull-the egg crate is a white light diffuser for fluorescent lighting. It has approximately 1/2" squares (~1,27 cm). Alot of us use it for the bottom of frag tanks to make the frags more stable (they tend to move around due to current on bare glass, in my experience).

not sure what magnet he used but seems to be the generic ones... I'm thinking the mag floats would work also.. the ones he used measures 4" x 1.5" and is holding a 7" x 2" eggcrate...

Marvin

Trull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the photograph. Your zoanthus is superb, I really regret being far from you... How did you stick the magnet with the grid???
:D :D :D

OP
OP
MarvinsReef

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trull said:
Thank you for the photograph. Your zoanthus is superb, I really regret being far from you... How did you stick the magnet with the grid???
:D :D :D

super glue will do the job.. :)

thanks again for the kudos...

Marvin

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back