The RedSea CUBE

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello ! My name is Gavin, I started this tank in hopes of enjoying a tank with a sump and I love it.

Current Equipment :

Redsea 200xl
Hydra 32
(2) MP10s
ReefOcto 110s
Varios-2 return pump
Reefmat 500
Duetto ATO
Ph Booster
Inkbird & 100watt BRS heater

Current livestock :

Tomini tang (Lenny (might change)
Gladiator clownfish (David)
Picasso Clownfish (Ester)
Six-line wrasse (lil amigo)

We started back in April !

April Livestock:
Yellow tang, 2 clown fish
And SPS that I killed

April of 2022 :
BFC08F1B-9CB0-4219-B9A5-CA3E4EE4C04C.jpeg

I learnt in all this time that I can grow zoas & nems but kill every torch coral out there,

My yellow tang has gotten too big & my banggai cardinals are insanely hard to catch.

Update September of 2022 :

EDB29E7E-191F-4805-B7D3-AFD41B12FCF0.jpeg

Following into late October of 2022 I finally decided to trade in the yellow tang & banggai cardinals at the LFS for a little new member. His name is undecided and I will make a post tomorrow with pics of him as he acclimated. We shall see as time goes on.

This weeks equipment addition was redsea doser and reefmat 500. Best decision ever.

Tomorrow I will update with a SUMP before & after picture to fill in

OP
OP
radreef02

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here we are today. The tank is undergoing some algae issues which has killed off some of my corals & I got rid of all torches.

Pictures of the new equipment:

Reefdose 2 & DIY Containers

Reefmat 500

Time to fix these levels !

Couldn’t get a good picture of the tomini as it’s too late but he was very acclimated and active today, eats nori & picks at the algae all day long.

957360FD-6840-4A66-863C-9022CEDBEA52.jpeg
4822CBF3-A3FC-45D5-9873-08DD96773B33.jpeg

erdrick80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the update. Love seeing these tanks since I just got myself one as well but in black. Only a month old today. So going through the algae phases. This is my second attempt coming from a 3year old 30gal shallow tank which I transfered my live rock from. The only mistake I made was adding my old sand and water. BIG,BIG mistake.

Also if you want to go this route I managed to fit a reefmat500, reef octopus essence protein skimmer and the ATO turned into a refugium and a small media reactor. So you can too if you want. 20221031_213351.jpg 20221031_213410.jpg

OP
OP
radreef02

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the update. Love seeing these tanks since I just got myself one as well but in black. Only a month old today. So going through the algae phases. This is my second attempt coming from a 3year old 30gal shallow tank which I transfered my live rock from. The only mistake I made was adding my old sand and water. BIG,BIG mistake.

Also if you want to go this route I managed to fit a reefmat500, reef octopus essence protein skimmer and the ATO turned into a refugium and a small media reactor. So you can too if you want.

Sweet build man, I think my sump is super crammed in the front and I think I want to put the skimmer in the back but I’ll make another day for that as I will probably have to move other stuff.

Love the ATO idea . Maybe in the future

OP
OP
radreef02

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How are you liking the roller mat filter?

Tank is looking great!

I love it ! It’s so much better than a sock regardless of having to rip up my sump
Worth every penny

I have been having sensor issues lately but I was told the 500 has been experiencing that. But I can just manually push a button for it to roll if that happens and it’s back to normal.

And thank you ! Once I get levels to even out I will start doing SPS and get a Xr30 g6

parameters :

7dkh alk
280 calcium

Need to bring these up!!

erdrick80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it ! It’s so much better than a sock regardless of having to rip up my sump
Worth every penny

I have been having sensor issues lately but I was told the 500 has been experiencing that. But I can just manually push a button for it to roll if that happens and it’s back to normal.

And thank you ! Once I get levels to even out I will start doing SPS and get a Xr30 g6

parameters :

7dkh alk
280 calcium

Need to bring these up!!
I agree, the roller mat is the best investment I ever made Also. No more cleaning those dang socks, water gets much cleaner, love it.

I was also having issues with sensor...
The way I got mine to work was, by just flipping it around. Not sure why it worked for me or it was just coincidence but anyways Give it a try and see if that works for you brother.

OP
OP
radreef02

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree, the roller mat is the best investment I ever made Also. No more cleaning those dang socks, water gets much cleaner, love it.

I was also having issues with sensor...
The way I got mine to work was, by just flipping it around. Not sure why it worked for me or it was just coincidence but anyways Give it a try and see if that works for you brother.

I’ll give this a shot and let you know how it works out, I agree the water is crystal now haha no more chemi pure

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worth every penny

parameters :

7dkh alk
280 calcium

Need to bring these up!!
Nice thank you! Been wanting to look into getting one for my tank.

OP
OP
radreef02

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
TANK has been sold and moved onto RSR425XL g2 - post coming soon

Tank ended as this

27CAD6EC-C11C-4A9E-8B0D-56FE65809BA8.jpeg

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 15.4%
Back