The Reef Gadgets website looks suspicious

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ezduzt_nyc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ezduzt_nyc

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 27, 2018
Messages
103
Reaction score
57
Location
Atlanta, GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I clicked on this and it took me to an unsecured site, that looks shady. Open the About or Contact pages to see what I mean. When checking out, it doesn't go to a secure site either.

http://reefgadgets.com/

Is this legit?

upload_2019-1-7_14-40-43.png
 
Website just appears to be incomplete.

@Reef Gadgets

I'm tagging them, but they haven't been on here since 2017.
 
I agree that it appears incomplete, but it always concerns me when pages asking for personal info aren't secured (i.e. TLS).
 
I agree that it appears incomplete, but it always concerns me when pages asking for personal info aren't secured (i.e. TLS).
For sure. I wouldn't put any personal info there.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new