The Reef2Reef Tapatalk App is going to be disabled soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I totally hate complain about free stuff but...I have been using the app exclusively since I found this place last year and I can’t stand the web site! I have tried to get used to it in the last few weeks and ahhhhh!! It’s super slow and I loved all the pictures in front of the articles on the app. Don’t get me wrong R2R has been invaluable To me and it has not only saved me hundreds in unmade mistakes and I met some cool people and got cool corals from them. I hope there are plans underway to create a new app that will be similar to the last one but until then I find myself using R2R less and less because of the frustration. I am sorry to say all that but it’s the truth I guess I was just spoiled the last year. I have tried the mobile and non mobile version and they both drive me crazy. I know the mods work hard on this site and like I said don’t get me wrong I could never put a price on R2R but I was going to spend the 100 this year to be a supporter but I can’t justify that now using R2R this way. PLEASE BRING BACK AN APP FOR THIS SITE I don’t use a computer when I am not at work and I feel the phone version is lacking compared to what I had on the app. The app was not perfect by a long shot just faster and simpler in my opinion. I understand why it went away and strongly support the mods protecting our info.

Rcpilot

Addicted to LPS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for looking out for our privacy. I started out on a desktop PC so always used the browser and enjoyed it. Then I discovered the app, but struggled with it. I was stuck using the app because we're building a new house and my desktop is stuffed into a storage unit.
I was trying to use the app this morning and got really frustrated trying to login. I kept trying to use the browser after that, but the app would open instead. Very frustrating. Figured I better delete the app and try to login via mobile browser. Works perfectly after I deleted the app. :)

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I missing something? The “app” is just a link to the website and it’s mobile version, right? If that’s the case, I just gotta say that the website is frustrating. I’ve been trying to use it for a couple weeks and it’s just not intuitive. The drop downs and scrolling between pages in threads just isn’t smooth. I’m a big reef2reef fan, but I the lack of conveniences and the frustrating interface are going to cause me to be around a little less. I’ll keep trying to get used to the new interface, but it’s been tough so far.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@revhtree
Did you manage to do anything with the picture upload size to the site as I still cant upload anything direct now the tapatalk app doesn't work ?

I know its probably being worked upon

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been using the app since I started on R2R and was not very happy when it was disabled. I reluctantly set up the site on my browser and moved the icon to my home page. I started using it and learning to navigate through it. I must admit that I am definitely getting to like it alot more than the app! I hadn't realized how much I was missing using the app. Change is good sometimes!!

reefwiser

LMAS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I missing something? The “app” is just a link to the website and it’s mobile version, right?
Tapatalk is a plug-in that web forums have that lets the tapatalk app read the forum and then display in the app. The forum now just uses the mobile web browser on you phone for you to interact with the forum.

kintle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well this explains why I havent been able to log in for the last little bit. Thanks for protecting my privacy. I'll learn the website and continue to learn from this community.

pjr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for your leadership and wisdom for growing this forum. This place is a breath of fresh air, especially when compared to alternatives on the ol' interweb.

Hoping I can ask a question regarding a technical issue with this conversion: On my S10 Android phone running Tapatalk, i have stopped following R2R. However, whe i go to the Chrome browser and enter reef2reef.com, it forwards me over to tapatalk. Does anyone know how i break that association?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you for your leadership and wisdom for growing this forum. This place is a breath of fresh air, especially when compared to alternatives on the ol' interweb.

Hoping I can ask a question regarding a technical issue with this conversion: On my S10 Android phone running Tapatalk, i have stopped following R2R. However, whe i go to the Chrome browser and enter reef2reef.com, it forwards me over to tapatalk. Does anyone know how i break that association?
I had this issue, and the only way I knew to fix it was to uninstall TT. I think it's probably a setting in the phone that can be changed (without uninstalling)...but I didn't know how to do it.

jeffchapok

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev,

It's your site and you are certainly free to do with it as you wish. And I thank you for the effort I know you put into it. It has been invaluable to me as a beginning reefer.

But after several weeks of using the mobile website, I have to register my opinion that it is nowhere near as user-friendly or responsive as Tapatalk was, and I find myself coming here much more infrequently.

Several times per day I find myself staring at a partially rendered screen, waiting for the rest to fill in, and often end up closing the browser in disgust. Navigation is hesitant and clunky. R2R deserves better.
Screenshot_20190905-164536.png

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev,

It's your site and you are certainly free to do with it as you wish. And I thank you for the effort I know you put into it. It has been invaluable to me as a beginning reefer.

But after several weeks of using the mobile website, I have to register my opinion that it is nowhere near as user-friendly or responsive as Tapatalk was, and I find myself coming here much more infrequently.

Several times per day I find myself staring at a partially rendered screen, waiting for the rest to fill in, and often end up closing the browser in disgust. Navigation is hesitant and clunky. R2R deserves better.
Screenshot_20190905-164536.png
I've asked in multiple threads if we're going to look into another app, no one's answered yet :(

I think I may have logged on three times since the app shut down.

drstardust

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm late to find out about this. I just figured my app stopped working and didn't care because it wasn't super easy to use anyway. So yes, I'm glad about this, and thanks for the instructions on how to "app" the mobile browser version :)

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've asked in multiple threads if we're going to look into another app, no one's answered yet :(

I think I may have logged on three times since the app shut down.
At present, I don't believe there are any plans of bringing in a new app. It's not something that's been completely ruled out for the future, but it's not on the current list of projects (at least not the ones I'm aware of).

BlueDamselReef

Just keep swimming!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It took a little bit for me to get used to the mobile website version but after weeks of use, I don't even remember what the old tapatalk app version was like. If you stop using it, you'll never get used to it. The more you use it, the more intuitive it will become.

Murica

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At present, I don't believe there are any plans of bringing in a new app. It's not something that's been completely ruled out for the future, but it's not on the current list of projects (at least not the ones I'm aware of).
Thanks for the response

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish there was a way to speed up the mobile version. I don’t use a computer for anything but work and always use my phone and tablet. The app was fast (optimized obviously) and weather it’s on safari or chrome (preferred) its so slow. If anybody has any tips please let me know I have tried everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 17 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.4%
Back