THE REEFBOT PRO IS HERE!

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, you read that correctly. “The Beast” is here. With its 21 vials, the ReefBot Pro can test multiple tanks at the same time, and it can also be scheduled to test all 9 parameters sequentially, without you having to manually intervene at all, as the 21 vials can accommodate all the reagents!

ReefBot Pro Main Pic.jpg

We are giving early adopters the opportunity to pre-order their ReefBot Pro for a special price. The first batch of pre-orders will receive $400 off, rending the price $2,599 instead of the regular price of $2,999 which the device will retail for. The pre-ordered devices will be delivered in mid-April 2020.

To pre-order now, click on the link below:
https://www.reefkinetics.com/…/reefbot-pro-for-early-adopt…/
Places are limited, so make sure you pre-order today to save $400 and guarantee you will be among the very first in the world to get their hands on the ReefBot Pro!

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figure the reefbot will not only bring autonomy but also accurate and consistent results as the testing measurements and methods are precise. Is there a video of the "Pro" in action and a list of compatible tests?

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figure the reefbot will not only bring autonomy but also accurate and consistent results as the testing measurements and methods are precise. Is there a video of the "Pro" in action and a list of compatible tests?
The same kits are available on the regular ReefBot and the Pro.
There’s some videos online from the last Macna.

Jaebster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The same kits are available on the regular ReefBot and the Pro.
There’s some videos online from the last Macna.
So the pro just does more tests than the regular? Thanks! Would have thought the Pro would have been developed to handle some more tedious manual intensive tests.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool.
I will be keeping my eye on this product.
But even a the $400.00 discount I am going to pass for now.
I think I will wait for version two after the initial bugs are worked out.
Especially at this price point.
I truly believe that once something is over $1,000.00 it should be flawless right out of the box, that said I live in the real world and know that this is never the case.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool.
I will be keeping my eye on this product.
But even a the $400.00 discount I am going to pass for now.
I think I will wait for version two after the initial bugs are worked out.
Especially at this price point.
I truly believe that once something is over $1,000.00 it should be flawless right out of the box, that said I live in the real world and know that this is never the case.
Most of the bugs are already ironed out of the ReefBot.
Cheers

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the pro just does more tests than the regular? Thanks! Would have thought the Pro would have been developed to handle some more tedious manual intensive tests.
It have also better resolution or linear actuator, and the sample is measured by a syringe and not a pump. Many new features and introduced

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It have also better resolution or linear actuator, and the sample is measured by a syringe and not a pump. Many new features and introduced
Can you elaborate more? I personally thought the reefbot to be a great idea. When I finally saw one in action I geeked out a bit. But his reviews of the amount of waste water it produces, the noise it makes, and my concern of cloudy test vials that will eventually alter accuracy quickly turned the part of my brain on that started considering ways to improve all these problems.

Can you expand on what improvements have been made from the first to whatever iteration this one is?

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the bugs are already ironed out of the ReefBot.
Cheers
I would agree with you.
But new versions with new equipment will have some bugs, that need worked out. Just the way it is.

DaneGer21

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 meters, but it can test two tanks. Or you can bring a container of water and perform the tests from

If the tank need to be within 2meters of each other I bet 90% of people would be out. Usually tanks are in totally different rooms, unless hoping they are on the same wall in each room.

Probably more geared towards companies who may have separate systems in the same room for display.

Maybe I’m wrong, and even at that price point, which I’m sure is good for what it is and does, there are not many hobbyists that can afford that!

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I started to read some of the upgrades I was thinking this would be a awesome to have until I got down to the price tag. Even with $400 off that still a huge price tag. My concern with your product is how many people in this hobby are willing to drop that kind of money? When the original is like $2000 cheaper. If you would like to send to me to test and share my experience with all the forums and YouTube I wouldn’t mind.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I started to read some of the upgrades I was thinking this would be a awesome to have until I got down to the price tag. Even with $400 off that still a huge price tag. My concern with your product is how many people in this hobby are willing to drop that kind of money? When the original is like $2000 cheaper. If you would like to send to me to test and share my experience with all the forums and YouTube I wouldn’t mind.

Must have quite a YouTube channel to be asking for a free 2.5k+ piece of equipment :oops:

I like the concept that fish stores can use it to test their customer’s water. How long does it take— fast enough that it can test while a customer is browsing?

Last edited:

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is great for LFS to use. Interested to see which LFS pick them up.
If it's even twice as fast as the old one that would still mean it would take a couple of hours to do one batch of tests. I don't think a customer at an LFS would wait that long for the results.

This was one of the reasons why the Mindstream was such a threat, It was the only unit that an LFS could put in a one quart square tank and just have customers bring in a quart of water and get the full results in 15 minutes.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 18 26.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
Back