THE REEFBOT PRO IS HERE!

nmo0ory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not railing over the idea that automated testing being the next big thing. It's that this is not it. there's nothing cutting edge or new with it, it's bigger and maybe quieter, which drive technology has been out for years to make motors quieter.

There's nothing in there that a person in a garage can't create, someone with ardiuno or raspberry pi experience can easily write software for... and I'd venture to say for far less than $3k.

as i read before its for fish store that can also test customers tank water they get sample for you and it can test it
also if you have time yes you can do it there is some ppl did it on youtube for fun

i am an expert in Arduino and Raspberry pi
i can do any thing with them i printed and did a full humanoid robot with VR
this reefbot i can do it easily same idea
but i don't have time to mintaine it and update it every time so i bought it and insted i gave them some idea that they can implment to devolpe it and in the end i will be the one who Benefit from it

same came to apex
its conttroline your system
with Raspberry pi you can do same idea
and you will find a big thread about reefpi
but still ppl buying apex

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as i read before its for fish store that can also test customers tank water they get sample for you and it can test it
also if you have time yes you can do it there is some ppl did it on youtube for fun

i am an expert in Arduino and Raspberry pi
i can do any thing with them i printed and did a full humanoid robot with VR
this reefbot i can do it easily same idea
but i don't have time to mintaine it and update it every time so i bought it and insted i gave them some idea that they can implment to devolpe it and in the end i will be the one who Benefit from it

same came to apex
its conttroline your system
with Raspberry pi you can do same idea
and you will find a big thread about reefpi
but still ppl buying apex
People are buying apex because it’s easy to maintain. No programming issues. Easy to set up. No programming required.

nmo0ory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People are buying apex because it’s easy to maintain. No programming issues. Easy to set up. No programming required.
same here no programming easy to use
and 100% there is or there was some issues and upgrades to there system or they won't be apply to keep up
for the reefbot they are still not that old and for them to have some issues is for sure

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any LFS must have this device.
I read that, but never see anyone offer a solution to time. How many tests can a LFS perform in a given day? I may be missing something, but wouldn't a LFS need multiple units just to keep up with demand?

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read that, but never see anyone offer a solution to time. How many tests can a LFS perform in a given day? I may be missing something, but wouldn't a LFS need multiple units just to keep up with demand?
The issue is most lfs’s test multiple times a day. My lfs tests each tank 2-3x per day. The reef bot wouldn’t be able to keep up with their needs. The trident however can.

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS will have an issue IMO.
First off I don't know that many could afford the unit, then keep the unit fed with reagents. There would be a huge liability on the part of the LFS if they got it wrong.
They would have to begin charging for a service that the customer base normally gets for free now as well.

I know that more than one tank can be connected to the unit. but I don't know if that's just two tanks or five tanks. Even if it was five, the unit as I understand only runs one test at a time. If a customer brings in a sample to be tested they would NOT get the results instantly, depends on where they are on the list. So it might be a day or two and the LFS would have to call them with the results.
Then having to keep track of who's test is running and log the results correctly.
If they get that wrong and give a customer the wrong information and cause a crash, well then stick a fork in your business as it will be done.

Plus the fact the ReefBot uses the same test kits that we use at home. Yes the ReefBot may be more accurate but not that much more accurate.
If I am going to pay for a test I want it to be far more accurate.
Yes I am willing to pay and wait for accurate results that are far better than hobby grade kits provide. That's why ICP and N-Doc testing is so popular today.

I totally see the value of the ReefBot for the individual, but not the LFS.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LFS will have an issue IMO.
First off I don't know that many could afford the unit, then keep the unit fed with reagents. There would be a huge liability on the part of the LFS if they got it wrong.
They would have to begin charging for a service that the customer base normally gets for free now as well.

I know that more than one tank can be connected to the unit. but I don't know if that's just two tanks or five tanks. Even if it was five, the unit as I understand only runs one test at a time. If a customer brings in a sample to be tested they would NOT get the results instantly, depends on where they are on the list. So it might be a day or two and the LFS would have to call them with the results.
Then having to keep track of who's test is running and log the results correctly.
If they get that wrong and give a customer the wrong information and cause a crash, well then stick a fork in your business as it will be done.

Plus the fact the ReefBot uses the same test kits that we use at home. Yes the ReefBot may be more accurate but not that much more accurate.
If I am going to pay for a test I want it to be far more accurate.
Yes I am willing to pay and wait for accurate results that are far better than hobby grade kits provide. That's why ICP and N-Doc testing is so popular today.

I totally see the value of the ReefBot for the individual, but not the LFS.
To test the lfs’s display and frag tanks. Not customers water, it would take too long. My lfs could afford it lol. They have trident sand radion G5’s over ALL of their tanks. Not to mention the owners Mercedes s550 amg ;Hilarious

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To test the lfs’s display and frag tanks. Not customers water, it would take too long. My lfs could afford it lol. They have trident sand radion G5’s over ALL of their tanks. Not to mention the owners Mercedes s550 amg ;Hilarious

Interesting about G5’s, I didn’t think they shipped out yet.:p

K7BMG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Places I have lived, the LFS were for the most part Mom and Pop stores.
Mostly to help feed their own personal aquarium hobby.

I have been to larger cities that have large stores that could easily handle the expense as you say. I just do not feel this is the norm.
Out of business now but there used to be an awesome store in Orange County Ca. It was called Tis Tropical, biggest store I have ever been in, or ever will be, again.
Was the size of a Best Buy or so.

45ZoaGarden

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting about G5’s, I didn’t think they shipped out yet.:p
They’re special insiders for ecotech and Neptune systems. They’re apparently the biggest sellers of Neptune and ecotech products in south Florida. They had a trident a week after they first announced the product and tried/reported the results to Neptune. They also do all sorts of trials for products not even for sale yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the link to read more about it. I have been considering buying it, BUT there is no release date at all. I am not dropping 2.5K to stay in a state of limbo.

drernesto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to the link to read more about it. I have been considering buying it, BUT there is no release date at all. I am not dropping 2.5K to stay in a state of limbo.
Hello,
The ReefBot pro will be delivered starting next month.
Do not hesitate to email [email protected] If you require any further information.

Cheers,
Rabih

Yoonsuk Choi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished the setup of ReefBot pro, but I have no idea how to perform any tests on water samples(not from tank source)..

robbyg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finished the setup of ReefBot pro, but I have no idea how to perform any tests on water samples(not from tank source)..
Wouldn’t you just put the sample line into a container of sample water and start the tests.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 144 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back