!!!!!!THE RETURN Of THE HYPERBERRY!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CORAL JUNKY

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lighting and flow do you keep your hyperberry at? Can't seem to make mine happy.
Sorry loglan I wasn't sure u were talking to me in your last post . I'm currently keeping mine medium light medium/high flow and it seems to b doing well but Adam would really b the one to ask specifics aboutv this coral cause I'm far from an expert.

loglan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry loglan I wasn't sure u were talking to me in your last post . I'm currently keeping mine medium light medium/high flow and it seems to b doing well but Adam would really b the one to ask specifics aboutv this coral cause I'm far from an expert.
No problem CORAL JUNKY. Thanks for the info. Your hyperberry looks good.

loglan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High on both counts. I'll try and get a better pic soon. I have s ton of flow in my tank do corals grow thick and dense, which equates to slower perceived growth lol....
Thanks rovster. I've got my frag low so I think I will move it up a bit and see how it reacts.

rovster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think SSC in general do well in medium to medium high light. A buddy of mine gave me a dying colony of UC SSC to nurse back to health. The colony was cut in 2, one for me to keep and one to nurse back. "My" colony got a primo spot high light and flow, his got lower light and flow. Both look great, the one under higher light was muck brighter, especially the green base and the pink was a tad nicer. Both looked good but there was a definite difference between the 2 minicolonies.

They look great, just as nice as the Hyperberry, but I'm hoping as the Hyperberry gets bigger, it will stand out from the rest!

Jimbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not having much luck with my frag of this. Have it in high light and high flow, was browned out when I got it. Still has the pink tips though so I have hopes for it.
Had a SSC once before that took quite a while to settle in assuming this may be the same.

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hyperberry needs a bump. Finally got a frag of this hottie
DSC_2349.jpg

It's taken a few weeks, but it just keeps getting better.
DSC_1265-ANIMATION.gif

Last edited:

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.1%
Back