!!!!!!THE RETURN Of THE HYPERBERRY!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Ok I know i have been peppering packs with this one for a couple weeks now and a few teasers long ago when i first got it. Thing is, frag packs were hardly the place to showcase this beauty. I finally got around to shooting my little colony of this thing. The good news is that I have a larger one thats a couple years old now just not as easy to take the pic of.

We all know the "ssc" has been around a while now. Certainly nothing really new and there a rash of wild ones that flood in frequently. More often than not those guys perish unfortunately. Among the many cakes i have come acros over the years including the OG macna guy, the hyper berry is with out a doubt the finest "shortcake" I have ever seen. It's like the old classic on roids Just a totally exaggerated version. The color is awe inspiring even. This one has been in my system over two years now and just thriving for me. Not sure why I waited so long to shoot it but man, it is just looking so nice these days i could not put it off any longer.

So here she is. Actually my little back up colony grown from a frag off my main. No camera tricks at all. This is what the hyper looks like maybe even a little better in person.

Going on the site this weekend for sure.

IMG_0866-3_zps2f5895e5.jpg

IMG_0866_zps718ac33b.jpg

IMG_0866-2_zpsdad4dad9.jpg

ChristopherKriens

Unknown Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a Hyperberry from Battlecorals well over a year ago. I also have a classic shortcake and the Hyperberry outshines it a little in the daylight but in the evening the violets show up out of nowhere and it completely steals the show. One of my favorites :)

hb-1.jpg

Defect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great Adam. Hope to get a pack from you again before the end of the year. Maybe you will still have this one around.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got a Hyperberry from Battlecorals well over a year ago. I also have a classic shortcake and the Hyperberry outshines it a little in the daylight but in the evening the violets show up out of nowhere and it completely steals the show. One of my favorites :)

hb-1.jpg

OUTSTANDING! that is what i'm talking about thanks for sharing Chris. looks amazing. i love it. i keep getting shown up by you guys with these drool worthy colonies! love seeing pics of coral in other peoples tanks. agree it really glows under the slightest hint of blue. its crazy really.

Last edited:

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which lighting are you growing this one under being that you're using mh and led on different systems. Not sure if your t5 too.

OP
OP
Battlecorals

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Which lighting are you growing this one under being that you're using mh and led on different systems. Not sure if your t5 too.

this one has been under t5 for about half of its life. An ati 6 bulb fixture. my other colony is on a bigger rock in another tank under radiums and looks just as good if not better. i finally put a frag in my display under radions that looks great as well, so i guess you could say its happy everywhere!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back