The Rumor Mill for IM20

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank was a gift from a great friend for my bedroom. The scape I’m thinking about as I slowly set get it ready for water.

I have a few nice mini maxi and RFA’s and plan on shrimp and crabs. The focus will be an @OrchidMiss BTA with a pair of clowns. I may fill with select Goni and torches.

IM 20
Xr15 gen6 pro
Mp10
image000000.jpeg

kevgib67

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved sexy shrimp. I had a group but then added a tube anenome and they slowly disappeared.
I love sexy shrimp but the same I put them in for my RFAs and there number slowly dwindled to zero.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I loved sexy shrimp. I had a group but then added a tube anenome and they slowly disappeared.

I love sexy shrimp but the same I put them in for my RFAs and there number slowly dwindled to zero.
That’s sad they disappeared. So many critters I always wanted to keep but couldn’t with a wrasse dominant tank

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll definitely try again. Those small shrimpies are very fun to watch!

But I did have 2 rfas in there too, I wonder if they were also snacking.....

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll definitely try again. Those small shrimpies are very fun to watch!

But I did have 2 rfas in there too, I wonder if they were also snacking.....
Shrimp are tasty! They are so tiny I wouldn’t be surprised if a RFA gets a snack sometimes. So many things I can see snacking on them.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s sad they disappeared. So many critters I always wanted to keep but couldn’t with a wrasse dominant tank
I have one sexy that the Yellow wrasse and the leopard wrasse have left alone so far! It rarely strays far from its RFA, though.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love 'em so much I also made a towel. Not yet available on my Etsy, but the design is technically available....
IMG_20231220_182137132.jpg
Towel is adorable!

I have one sexy that the Yellow wrasse and the leopard wrasse have left alone so far! It rarely strays far from its RFA, though.
If they are fed well most more laid back wrasse will leave them alone if shrimp stay in there home. Bigger more mature can be little risky your two should behave

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Towel is adorable!

If they are fed well most more laid back wrasse will leave them alone if shrimp stay in there home. Bigger more mature can be little risky your two should behave
I'm trying to get them about 7 feedings per day during the work week. They get their liquid food pumped in 4x per day and inbetween I like to put the pumps on feed mode and sprinkle in small TDO pellets along with phtyo/oysterfeast/ROE (~3x per day). It's the weekends I worry about since I'm not adding the extra feedings--always come in Mondays checking that everyone's alive!

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to get them about 7 feedings per day during the work week. They get their liquid food pumped in 4x per day and inbetween I like to put the pumps on feed mode and sprinkle in small TDO pellets along with phtyo/oysterfeast/ROE (~3x per day). It's the weekends I worry about since I'm not adding the extra feedings--always come in Mondays checking that everyone's alive!
That’s a lot of feedings. Mine get crammed in last few hours at night. Weekends sometimes I catch up or they go without food. I’ll dinged up wrasse if they miss a feeding or two.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a lot of feedings. Mine get crammed in last few hours at night. Weekends sometimes I catch up or they go without food. I’ll dinged up wrasse if they miss a feeding or two.
The feedings aren't too big and my nitrates are all but nonexistent, so when I'm here I don't mind spoiling them. Also, Italian family. No hungry mouths allowed.

OP
OP
Crabby48

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The feedings aren't too big and my nitrates are all but nonexistent, so when I'm here I don't mind spoiling them. Also, Italian family. No hungry mouths allowed.
My best friend growing up was Italian and know all about how they feed lol. You feed a lot of pellets or more frozen. Wish my struggles were low nutrients.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My best friend growing up was Italian and know all about how they feed lol. You feed a lot of pellets or more frozen. Wish my struggles were low nutrients.
Mostly refrigerated food, actually. Reef Nutrition stuff: ROE, PacPods, ArctiPods, PhytoFeast (corals) and OysterFeast (corals). I think they dump less nutrients in the tank water since they are intact--freeze/thawing ruptures cells and releases all their "guts"--but that could just be my mind making up stuff. I add TDO pellets to taste and sometimes freeze dried calanus.

JoJosReef

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Felicia looks like she's firing a warning shot.
Some Rfa’s are mine the others are @OrchidMiss. I have a few in my big display and the plan is only the ones I like the most go in the IM20. While visiting I took a few pictures.
IMG_0480.jpeg
IMG_0465.jpeg
IMG_0467.jpeg
IMG_0466.jpeg

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 31 40.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 38 49.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back