The saddest hammer

mileysmustache

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys

At some point during our Dorian shenanigans, my poor hammer was torn. I’m watching closely for brown, but what can be done? Should I trim this part off, or let it run its course?
D1786547-D0C2-446E-8E09-FADB53965475.jpeg

litenyaup

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would let it ride, how are your parameters? Was there any power loss or anything that would cause a change in your system?

OP
OP
mileysmustache

mileysmustache

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would let it ride, how are your parameters? Was there any power loss or anything that would cause a change in your system?
HAHAHA. Yes. Power went out on Sunday and came back very late Monday night. My battery UPS failed, air stones ran out, etc (we had prepped for 4 days based on the averages listed on the packaging for both UPS and air pumps but okay) and I had to move everything into a Tupperware bin and drive it across town to my mom’s house because she had power. They had their light and a HOB filter, but this side of the coral was facing the wall so I couldn’t tell it was damaged. It think it happened when I went to tear the tank down, I remember stressing because the polyp hadn’t fully retracted when I pulled it, but my fish were starting to look like death so we were moving quickly.

Tank is currently going through a small cycle, but I have nowhere else to move my livestock so they’re back in. I’m testing about 3 times a day right now and ammonia is reading .01 this morning so I’ll be doing another small change before work.

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like you've done all that you could. Mostl likely the small cycle and moving has made him mad. Keep doing wcs to keep the ammonia at bay and he should recoup.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.4%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 28 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 74 43.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back