The Strange Bunch

  • Thread starter Thread starter winxp_man
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

winxp_man

So Many Tanks, So Little Time
View Badges
Joined
Dec 23, 2024
Messages
2,149
Reaction score
2,404
Location
Sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So I have 8 fish in QT from a ich breakout not long after a dang velvet outbreak to what I lost half of my fish at the beginning of the year. Non the less....... I have 8 that are healthy and they sure are characters. First off is the emperor.... he/she really is something else. Swims in patterns I have not seen many swim. Truth be told gives me hippy vibes big time! Next up is the boss of the bunch a powder blue that leads the food train. If I where to feed him/her 24/9 it would eat non stop. Then it gets the others going..... What I mean by food train is it starts swimming as I approach the front of the tank and then the others flow waiting for food. AND they really do not stop unless something spooks them.

Last but not least what got me to start this thread...... The minic literally eats turds all day!!! How do I stop it???? Without hesitation too! Like no remorse! Just goes in and digs in all the tang the tangs leave behind! All the others spit it out the minute they taste it I guess. But nope not the minic! It dives right in!

On a real note is this bad???? hahahaha! I mean it. Just makes me laugh though.

I will post a pic of the bunch and try to get a video with white lights when I get a chance in the next few days.



IMG_7636.jpeg


IMG_7640.jpeg



IMG_7639.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Younger tangs eat Poop often, especially from other tangs or fish that eat algae.

Often times, bigger tangs will poop at the sign of food so that the smaller tangs will eat poop while the big tang eats the primo food
 
Okay learning more as we speak hahaha! I did not know that! These bunch are near the same size for the most part. 2.75- 3.5 inches.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new