The the best ato

|Tom the Bomb|

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze is Gold Standard
ATK v1 is kinda meh but ATK v2 is 100% better and is probably silver standard but if u have luck with ur own ATK and have an apex it might be gold

sawdonkey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know about best, but I use two float switches connected (one for a fail safe) to my apex breakout box. Then I use the neptune pmup pump connected to the 24vDC outlet on the Apex. Total cost is about $60 and it works great and uses no outlets in my EB32.

I used a smart aqua for years and it mostly worked ok, but would malfunction somewhat frequently. Always had to have a friend stop by when out of town to reset it.

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The best bang for your buck ATO is this one -> https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/duetto-dual-sensor-complete-aquarium-ato-system-xp-aqua.html
I have ATKs on both of my display tanks & the Duetto on my frag tank and by far the Duetto is cheaper, less maintenance and quieter. I've had the ATKs for 3+ years now and have replaced 4 optical sensors & 2 pmup pumps. Granted 2 gen ATK parts seem like a great improvement but if they fail again they're getting replaced by the Duetto

I have the Duetto on my nano and also a qt. Really easy setup, smart programming and solid performance.

I have the Neptune ATK on each of my larger systems. Happy with them since the sensor and pump were upgraded.

onionbagle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve run my tunze for 6 yrs with very little maintenance. I would recommend it to anyone. Really bulletproof device

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I set mine use if two optical sensors, a solenoid and a PMUP. Added programming to control it and is worked perfectly.
The only time I ever have a problem is if I bump one of the optical sensors and move it. Simple fix though.

chaostactics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since I already have an Apex I went with the Avast Marine Works ATO I like the idea of it not being able to jam up like a float switch could and not having the same issues as the optical sensor one seemed to have. I've been using the non Apex version of the Avast ones for more than half a decade now and never had one fail yet.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 15 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 57 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.7%
Back