The Ultimate 300 Gallon Tenecor® Build. It Begins with a Blank Piece of Paper.

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Updated renders.

96x24x30 OF Tank - 2 lids - Black.jpg
96x24x30 OF Tank - 2 lids - Clear.jpg
96x24x30 OF Tank - 2 lids - Clear 2.jpg
96x24x30 OF Tank - 2 lids - Black 2.jpg
My interest is building with your 96x30x24 peninsula. How much are you guys willing to work with folks on number of drains and where the returns will be? That's probably the only thing I'm not a big fan of with how those tanks currently sit.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My interest is building with your 96x30x24 peninsula. How much are you guys willing to work with folks on number of drains and where the returns will be? That's probably the only thing I'm not a big fan of with how those tanks currently sit.
We can do just about any kind of modificatikons you like.

Celestion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I normally don't even answer these types of posts and I don't mean you any disrespect. "a good 300" what exactly does that mean? are we talking about a 120x48x12? or is it a 72x36x30? or a 60x48x24? or maybe 48x48x30? each one of these will require a different design approach. "3/4 is more pleasing" why would that be the case? one of the biggest selling features of acrylic tanks is their lightweight and their refractive index being close to the same as water (no distortion, more clarity) why not make these from 1-1/2 inch thick or maybe even 3 inch thick? stands to reason thicker means stronger right? well, not exactly. "a used acrylic beast"? not all acrylic tanks are equal. sounds like a backyard cowboy's creation. anyone can learn how to play chess or golf. few become masters. "as strong as builders claim"? who? 1/2" will work, 3/8 is would be stupendous" 3/8 is thinner than 1/2 inch. so there. you got me. i took the bait.
What are you even saying , please tell me your not making fun of my post ,lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The 70's called.........they want their wallpaper back.
Two of these three are being built before yours. Sunshine yellow for sure. Then either the grape or the green. Then after we figure out the little details, yours is next. The stands and canopies are 100% waterproof.. Zero wood. The canopies have removable smoke colored polycarbonate light filtering lids. Canopy height is adjustable. There are internal t slot rails for light mounts. Integrated and interpedently switched power strip inside the canopies. Door panels are hinge less.

96x24x30 Cabinet Stand w Canopy - hanging doors - Gumball.jpg
96x24x30 Cabinet Stand w Canopy - hanging doors - Nori.jpg
96x24x30 Cabinet Stand w Canopy - hanging doors - Sunny Side Up.jpg

Ol’Murph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's talk turkey, as it were. Water proof material on the stands...nice. What is said material?

Most stands that have a wood component have some sound deadening qualities. Does this material provide some sound deadening?

The skins are interesting. Is that some pre-printed applied material affixed or is that a finished painted product?
If pre-printed, would that indicate many options are available for the final finish?

Inquiring minds want to know....

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's talk turkey, as it were. Water proof material on the stands...nice. What is said material?

Most stands that have a wood component have some sound deadening qualities. Does this material provide some sound deadening?

The skins are interesting. Is that some pre-printed applied material affixed or is that a finished painted product?
If pre-printed, would that indicate many options are available for the final finish?

Inquiring minds want to know....
The panels are high pressure laminated phenolic resin. Virtually indestructible. It is not a print. Sound deadening is not something that this material is known for. The panels are extremely durable and lightweight

Ol’Murph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While we wait for a prototype on the stand, the build continues.

I would like to enable automatic water changes on this build. Sounds simple enough. The routing of the supply/drain lines is not. The tank will be located on an exterior wall. Running the lines under the floor is out due to being on a slab foundation. Thought about running them through cabinets but there is stove in the way.

Could I run them outside in some sort of conduit for protection from heat/cold, animals, etc? Total run length would be about 20’ to 25’ once there, I could bring them back in to the drain and salt water supply.

Everyone’s thoughts, tips, or tricks are appreciated!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back