OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea his site looks like an old angel fire one , nothing on how he quarantines his fish . Those are things I want to know . I'm not saying he doesnt do a good job or doesnt deliver good fish just need more information . Pretty good price on the rhomboid. Good luck with your fish , it's a beauty

I've seen his QT setup personally and its completely legit. He is currently updating his QT procedures to his website as he fully understand clients want to know this information.

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Adam offers QT as an option. I prefer to QT myself, but there may be situations where it's better for him to QT the fish for you.

+1 ^ Adam sourced the tiger and made sure the fish was in the healthiest state, conditioned and eating. I’ve quarantined many times and I always prefer to QT myself. However, not everyone in the hobby has the knowledge nor the resources to QT themselves. Adam offers a great QT program and a well maintained system which is great to have that option to either source a healthy specimen or go full QT.

Last edited:

jefra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a very proud daddy today. I received my 3" baby Tiger Angelfish and boy he is a beauty! He literally just hand delivers here is video of me opening the box and getting the first glimpse of him.

A special shout out to my boy Adam at Ocean Devotion LA - https://oceandevotionla.com. I really love his mission and commitment to all his livestock. He definitely has the most competitive pricing I've seen and even offers fully quarantined fish.

Check him out! http://m.yelp.com/biz/ocean-devotion-los-angeles

What a cutie. I'm a sucker for angelfish too.

Mslosangeles1985

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had way too much time on hands today :p

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 12.20.30 PM.png

"Peak-A-Boo"

~~~~~~~~~~

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 11.58.50 AM.png

"That guy looks awfully familiar"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 12.05.00 PM.png

Such a beautiful fish! I really wish I could afford one. I've received my Achilles tang from Ocean Devotion fully QT and eating like a pig day 1. Best vendor I've worked with in LA.

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Such a beautiful fish! I really wish I could afford one. I've received my Achilles tang from Ocean Devotion fully QT and eating like a pig day 1. Best vendor I've worked with in LA.
Thanks!

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 6 - Fish Update:

I hit .50ppm copper today after ramping it up slowly over the last 5 days. The Tiger Angelfish is doing extremely well.

He is super active and eating well 3 x daily with foods soaked in selcon and zoecon.

Made this video today.

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish update: 2/10/20

Tiger is 1.5 weeks at therapeutic levels of cupramine. I am going to administer 1st round of General Cure today and 2nd round in 5-7 days.

The fish has become more bold and eats everything I throw into the aquarium. He has the best personality and is very playful when I come to the tank.

Check out the latest video

Last edited:

Glott3133

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That angel is absolutely gorgeous. I love angels, and currently looking for another since my bellus died. I agree with your QT process. I was so excited to get my bellus, i threw her into my DT without quarantining first. She died from an internal parasite within a week. Lesson learned, but it almost killed me to watch her suffer.

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That angel is absolutely gorgeous. I love angels, and currently looking for another since my bellus died. I agree with your QT process. I was so excited to get my bellus, i threw her into my DT without quarantining first. She died from an internal parasite within a week. Lesson learned, but it almost killed me to watch her suffer.
Sorry for your loss! I am a huge advocate for QTing all fish that enter my system regardless of symptoms.

GoldeneyeRet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What an awesome little angel!

I wish my budget allowed for one.

Best of luck, keep theohotos coming.

destro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you described the QT system up you're using in detail?

-Equipment (tank size, HOB and what's in them, sponge filter, piping)
-Water parameters.
-Full process including timeline.

My QT process is not strict as yours, but I understand why you'd be strict given the value of your fish and size of your display.

OP
OP
LAReefer4Life

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you described the QT system up you're using in detail?

-Equipment (tank size, HOB and what's in them, sponge filter, piping)
-Water parameters.
-Full process including timeline.

My QT process is not strict as yours, but I understand why you'd be strict given the value of your fish and size of your display.

Read these articles

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 30.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back