OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess we were early adopters! One of the gifts we got when we got married was a large framed reef puzzle donw by my Best Man's wife and young son. It has been hanging above our fireplace ever since. The mantle and entertainment center hold our many souvenirs and photos from vacations. The desk I'm sitting at is surrounded by my framed photos I took on vacations. The largest is a fully expanded Basket Star on a sea fan from a night dive in San Salvador.

GBukqxTl.jpg
Livin large brother! You sound a lot like me. Vacation photos, mine with my wife and I with water or beach in the photo. As a matter of fact, we head off for California tomorrow morning. We have friends in Oceanside. MORE PICTURES!!! Lol. Very nice pic above! Nature is Art! :)

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just about every house in atlantic canada has sea shells, drift wood, sea glass etc so I guess were all fans of coastal decor around here. My other half is a bad influence her favorite fish is a copperband and her favorite coral are the high end acros. And shes in love with moon jellys so now I gotta build a kreisel. But its awesome having the other half interested... Just expensive for me.
Run with it! Lol. For a lot of reefers, a $150 Walt Disney better mean there’s lunch at the Blue Bayou and a ride on Space Mountain.

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking decor! I think another popular way to describe this type of style is 'nautical' theme. I personally haven't heard it described as coastal before, but both get the point across.
Yes, Nautical-Coastal either is appropriate. I’m just thrilled that someone like my wife, who’s not a big animal lover, finds a way to enjoy one of creations greatest displays of beauty.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Livin large brother! You sound a lot like me. Vacation photos, mine with my wife and I with water or beach in the photo. As a matter of fact, we head off for California tomorrow morning. We have friends in Oceanside. MORE PICTURES!!! Lol. Very nice pic above! Nature is Art! :)
Bring WATER!;Playful

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let’s “Cut to the chase” So how many reefers out there have the undying support of their wife, significant other or better half?
Well, I’m here to suggest one way because it’s worked amazingly for me.
Coastal decor is HOT!!! At Home, Hobby Lobby, Michael’s, Home Goods you name it, COASTAL has a presence at these favorite retailers.
My beautiful wife of 38 years loves the very popular and trendy Coastal theme and it just so happens that my 180g reef tank has never looked better! So let’s hoist the anchor an see who’s “going coastal” and who has found other ways of bringing our maties into the fold.
A3ADDE0E-E7F3-4F69-965A-91CA6D0AD1FC.jpeg
The real question to ask is how many mermaids do you have around the house?

Not including my wife, I have 8 mermaids on walls, on vehicles, hanging out by the hot tub...don't get me started on pirate booty.

Being a fisheries professional my wife got exposed to a lot of fish themed stuff. We had to make some compromises, she had a couple of really nice mirrors that we had to find room for. This pic shows the reflection of the wall reef.
coastal.JPG

I was smart....I proposed to my wife on the grass flats of Rhode Island with the ring in a collected quahog shell. Fly fisherman were behind us...I heard the striper bite was good on a different tide...wedding was at an old Vermont Inn along the river shore. Honeymoon was down in Rhode Island at a beach resort.

We visited a quirky garden whimsy fantasy shop a couple of weeks ago which was heavy on metal art, fish, crabs, jellyfish, mermaids, we are going to order a few metal sea creatures for the outdoor hot tub area.

OP
OP
Glenner’sreef

Glenner’sreef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The real question to ask is how many mermaids do you have around the house?

Not including my wife, I have 8 mermaids on walls, on vehicles, hanging out by the hot tub...don't get me started on pirate booty.

Being a fisheries professional my wife got exposed to a lot of fish themed stuff. We had to make some compromises, she had a couple of really nice mirrors that we had to find room for. This pic shows the reflection of the wall reef.
coastal.JPG

I was smart....I proposed to my wife on the grass flats of Rhode Island with the ring in a collected quahog shell. Fly fisherman were behind us...I heard the striper bite was good on a different tide...wedding was at an old Vermont Inn along the river shore. Honeymoon was down in Rhode Island at a beach resort.

We visited a quirky garden whimsy fantasy shop a couple of weeks ago which was heavy on metal art, fish, crabs, jellyfish, mermaids, we are going to order a few metal sea creatures for the outdoor hot tub area.
Oh man!!! I’m not worthy!!! Lol Great post, you should take over this discussion. Zero on the mermaids. But I’m definitely a big fan of Pirate things. I seriously searched everywhere on line for non-metal pirate coins that looked real, that could just sit and glisten on my sandbed. No luck though. The only pirate themed item sits on top of my tank. Thanks for your reply. :)
30051F63-4B85-4A63-9602-E3A49B95FB40.jpeg

ByronP

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's better than having some poor dead animal nailed to your wall. I think that's just gross and wrong.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 193 71.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 50 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.6%
Back