The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

TheFunnyFarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to jump to copper. Let them adjust and feed well before meds. I would put more pvc hiding fittings in there.

Hmmm. Not sure why Jojo’s pinkies got tagged but nevere enough pics of them.
Thanks Tcook.

I typically wait until they’re voraciously feeding and then wait about a week to fatten up before ramping up meds unless I observe a warning sign.

I tried a few pvc wye fittings but they avoided them at all cost for whatever reason.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Tcook.

I typically wait until they’re voraciously feeding and then wait about a week to fatten up before ramping up meds unless I observe a warning sign.

I tried a few pvc wye fittings but they avoided them at all cost for whatever reason.
PVC is not natural and not something most fish don’t prefer. Even clean dry rock vs live rock make a difference to some.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m late again by 3 days but…
IMG_8181.jpeg

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I could get a recommendation for a wrasse in a 210g Tang Dominant tank, plan to have a few other fish like clowns, damsels, and maybe a goby or blenny
A Halichoeres wrasse, a larger fairy wrasse or five. Or if your set on the more aggressive fish you may want to try a small coris wrasse or dragon wrasse.

Myghty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
little feedback, so i put the new little guy in the softie tank but still, he does not seem very well, hope he is gonna make it, i had a skimmer for more 'air' i dont know if it will change anything

Last edited:

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Did you get it? How did it look in person?
I didn't. I have nowhere to house him without him most likely ending up tile surfing.
He was a good sized male, so I wouldnr have gotten him anyway. He was about the same size as my old temminickii. Coloring was very light, but he was hiding a lot and a little stressed, however he looked very healthy.

There was also a smaller mystery wrasse I considered for way too long, but I don't think I have anywhere to put him either. His coloring was bright AF and his pattern was gorgeous. He was super active and friendly.

.... if it wasn't for my coral beauty, I would have.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I somehow got the meanest canary wrasse and a coward of a sixline.
I had similar… my Jade was (I refuse to say ‘is’) peaceful yet my male radiant could be quite harsh to newcomers, especially wrasses.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I somehow got the meanest canary wrasse and a coward of a sixline.

I had similar… my Jade was (I refuse to say ‘is’) peaceful yet my male radiant could be quite harsh to newcomers, especially wrasses.

How it works for me. Earl beat up everyone, flame was even worse. Now DT is the one causing trouble even to sand sleepers. DT yesterday pushed everyone even the tangs. Someone will put him in his place

enlighten

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Halichoeres wrasse, a larger fairy wrasse or five. Or if your set on the more aggressive fish you may want to try a small coris wrasse or dragon wrasse.
I was thinking a yellow coris and six line. Something that doesnt need a deep sand bed. Going about 1"

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking a yellow coris and six line. Something that doesnt need a deep sand bed. Going about 1"
There is no such thing as a yellow coris and six lines are a**holes.

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking a yellow coris and six line. Something that doesnt need a deep sand bed. Going about 1
Try a yellow Halichoeres, radiant, dusky,

Ruby longfin, exquisite, or one of the other tens of fairies. And if you want something that can handle tangs a red coris or maybe even a red breasted Māori?

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called one of my fish people to ask about Brunneus. They said they can get them for me, and price should be $99. Way cheaper than I was expecting.

I was going to get one for my dad, but I kinda want one too. I just wonder how they’d fit into the community in my tank.

Do you guys think there’d be any issues with:
1. Rhomboid
2. Pintail (little guy)
3. Exquisite (pretty big guy)

My father tank has:
1. Exquisite
2. Female pintail
3. My Vivien (she wouldn’t sleep in her box and is happy at his house with 3-4 inch sand bed)

My only immediate concerns are things becoming crowded in my 80g (dads tank is bigger so no concern) and the brunneus maybe looking too similar to the exquisites

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I called one of my fish people to ask about Brunneus. They said they can get them for me, and price should be $99. Way cheaper than I was expecting.

I was going to get one for my dad, but I kinda want one too. I just wonder how they’d fit into the community in my tank.

Do you guys think there’d be any issues with:
1. Rhomboid
2. Pintail (little guy)
3. Exquisite (pretty big guy)

My father tank has:
1. Exquisite
2. Female pintail
3. My Vivien (she wouldn’t sleep in her box and is happy at his house with 3-4 inch sand bed)

My only immediate concerns are things becoming crowded in my 80g (dads tank is bigger so no concern) and the brunneus maybe looking too similar to the exquisites
I wouldn’t worry about the exquisites but more so the Isosceles. It looks surprising but this species is actually in the lunatus complex which includes;
C. squirei
C. isosceles
C. lunatus
(well, it is that complex after all)
C. johnsoni
C. brunneus

You may not have an issue given the two are very different in appearance to eachother but it is something to be cautious on - I have done a similar mix with two Lubbock’s in my large tank and had it work out. So I won’t say don’t do it but will say to be incredibly cautious when going to do it.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone looking for a Hemi? TSM thinking of a raffle. Watch FB if interested. Seen them and they looked great and confident. Best batch I have seen as far as confidence and fiercely eating from the start.
IMG_2459.png
In terms of age, this is without a doubt the best batch I’ve seen. Every other one I’ve seen had been ‘super male’ and quite old as well.

HOW DO YOU DEAL WITH BULLIES IN YOUR TANK?

• I place the offender in an acclimation box for a period of time (jail).

Votes: 10 16.4%
  • I remove the offender entirely and reintroduce them at a later time (rehab).

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I use the mirror method (a little reverse psychology).

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I rearrange rock work (throw them off).

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • I don't tolerate bullies. Bye bye fishy!

Votes: 14 23.0%
  • I've never dealt with a tank bully.

Votes: 17 27.9%
  • Other (please explain!)

Votes: 8 13.1%
Back