The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

And the yellow Coris with the 6line in the background

image.jpeg
 
The top is a Leopard and the bottom is a Mystery Wrasse.
 
? will a psych head male and two female get along with fairies
They will be fine with other wrasses, though male psych heads have proven difficult to maintain long term.
 
That looks more like C. cf. cyanopleura than C. lyukyuensis. Is his head really red/ruby colored?
Sorry, you all are correct. Thank you for pointing that out. Yes his head is very ruby red color.

They had a yellow flanked there and I got the names mixed up going back and forth
 
I don't have much of an explanation really, but the experience has shown they do not adapt well to captivity. They are difficult to accept prepared foods, and even in the exceptions where that hurdle has been overcome, they still tend to slowly wither away in captivity.
 
Males have a tendency to waste away after a couple/few months. Around that time frame that they get skinny, they pace back and forth against one of the sides of the aquarium, as if trying to swim farther. Even though some will eat vigorously, they still rely on a lot of pods, and a fish their size can deplete the pods quickly.
 

...I am very disappointed. I don't know what happened, guess he was just not meant to make it. He was sharing the QT with a hamlet and puffer around the same size, no aggression, but I wonder if they added to stress. And dang, he went from interested in food and normal breathing to hyperventilating then dead in just a few hours. I don't think I'll be getting another any time soon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new