The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

I was at Aquarium Village earlier. Was talking to one of the guys there (I thin he's one of the owners.. bald headed guy). we were talking about wrasses and tangs, and I was telling him about my plans. He named a few wrasses that was named here that would be good. Then I saw they had a large lunar wrasse. I complimented it and he shot me down immediately "No, you do not want that one!" and explained why. (I didn't want it anyway, but I was happy he told me off anyway, lol)

This is why I love Aquarium Village. I will always go to them for my fish (And they're cheaper than other stores too)

Side note: I told him I wanted the rastas he had, but I didn't want to spend that much. He took $20 off. I got 5 polyps of rastas for $40. They certainly have a customer for life here!
 
I was at Aquarium Village earlier. Was talking to one of the guys there (I thin he's one of the owners.. bald headed guy). we were talking about wrasses and tangs, and I was telling him about my plans. He named a few wrasses that was named here that would be good. Then I saw they had a large lunar wrasse. I complimented it and he shot me down immediately "No, you do not want that one!" and explained why. (I didn't want it anyway, but I was happy he told me off anyway, lol)

This is why I love Aquarium Village. I will always go to them for my fish (And they're cheaper than other stores too)

Side note: I told him I wanted the rastas he had, but I didn't want to spend that much. He took $20 off. I got 5 polyps of rastas for $40. They certainly have a customer for life here!
They have a nice selection of fairy wrasses that came in last week. The Scotts went fast. They still have a few of those newly named blue throated sailfins ( Rubripinnis Tonozukai) also a few Katherine's, Cresent and Pintails, Brunneus and Cebu Lubbocki. I picked up a Cebu Pylei. They also had a few Leopards and Greyheads.
You were probably looking at the Banana wrasse, beautiful fish for a large fish only aggressive tank... everyone looks at it until they find out what it is...
BTW.. Rich is the owner... the bald headed guy is my buddy Andy. Great guy would never steer you wrong...
 
Last edited:
Will do. they're in QT now and wrasse is hiding under the heater. I hope he finds the sand I provided for him. goby is doing well too
 
here's my leopard wrasse! She's swimming with confident today!

ezuqCxS.jpg
 
A few shots using the flash. M. melagris, C. isosceles, & my newly added C. cf cyanopleura that came in with a mouth and side injury. The C. rubrimarginatus was rehomed yesterday, He was getting very snippy with everyone recently. My M. negrosensis was found dead in the morning a little while back unfortunately. He was looking good and eating up to that point.
u2Q6h7X.jpg

zcbnqzs.jpg

z1UOE9b.jpg

3rEJv6N.jpg

od0kCBX.jpg
 
alittle bickering and chasing, but no injuries... they all know the Ornate is the king...heavy feedings help too. I was surprised after about 3-4 years the Bluestar turned and I was expecting problems from them, but it was my Hawaiian Ornate x-mas wrasse that aggressively chased it and had to be removed....because it wouldn't allow it out of the sand.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 17.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new