The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You went and got that Amanda? Let’s see.
I wish! Honestly, it’s even better than an Amanda - two Pseudojuloides species ;)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well! To stop the suspense any further meet the two newbies! Pseudojuloides kaleidos (Finally added to the collection!!) and Pseudojuloides severnsi.
IMG_0636.jpeg

IMG_0637.jpeg

OrchidMiss

Official Reef Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Here is my contribution for today - African Exquisite Wrasse - Pretty common, but I still really like the darker color set.

Fish-48.jpg
1000036014.jpg

My LFS had a pretty one yesterday.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can’t wait to see the full colors of that sev
He came from a tank break down so his colours are fully there, I’m hoping to get a decent photo of him.

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oooooooh! Can’t wait to see pictures of the kaleidos all comfy and colored up. I haven’t read about them in a long time, but at the time they were very rare to see, so this must be a really special grab for you!
It is, I’ve been after one for a good few months now - even before I was limited on wrasse options in the 4’.
Here’s the one that started my love for them, this is in the LFS’s display;
IMG_8751.jpeg

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is, I’ve been after one for a good few months now - even before I was limited on wrasse options in the 4’.
Here’s the one that started my love for them, this is in the LFS’s display;
IMG_8751.jpeg

That peachy pink stripe at the base of the dorsal is something else! So beautiful

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have another!! Ikea 2.0. I was not messing around with drip acclimation so she went in just ~2 minutes after I got back.
IMG_0725.jpeg

IMG_0726.jpeg

Well… that shows how tired I am. I thought this was another thread :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Let’s make this wrasse related… Pseudojuloides severnsi!
IMG_0647.jpeg

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to one of my LFS to stock up on frozen today since they usually have the best prices on large sheets of mysis. Trying to stock up before the baby is born (wife is scheduled for induction on Friday). Usually I don't buy a lot of fish there since they tend to be much more expensive than all my other LFS, but I ended up leaving with an early father's day gift because wifey said I couldn't leave without them!

Pseudojuloides splendens

20240525_185607.jpg

And it's not a wrasse, but I know y'all appreciate these as well, Hoplolatilus marcosi! No in-tank pic since it immediately went into the Watchman goby's burrow.

20240525_185627.jpg

Also had the Halichoeres biocellatus peek out and steal some food for the first time since being introduced today, no signs of aggression from tankmates, just skittish still. No signs of the Macropharyngodon moyeri yet, but hopefully both start coming out much more frequently!

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to one of my LFS to stock up on frozen today since they usually have the best prices on large sheets of mysis. Trying to stock up before the baby is born (wife is scheduled for induction on Friday). Usually I don't buy a lot of fish there since they tend to be much more expensive than all my other LFS, but I ended up leaving with an early father's day gift because wifey said I couldn't leave without them!

Pseudojuloides splendens

20240525_185607.jpg

And it's not a wrasse, but I know y'all appreciate these as well, Hoplolatilus marcosi! No in-tank pic since it immediately went into the Watchman goby's burrow.

20240525_185627.jpg

Also had the Halichoeres biocellatus peek out and steal some food for the first time since being introduced today, no signs of aggression from tankmates, just skittish still. No signs of the Macropharyngodon moyeri yet, but hopefully both start coming out much more frequently!
wow
That’s some awesome fish! Jealous :face-with-tears-of-joy:

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 75 46.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.7%
Back