The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Two schools of thought on that. One says he is a local and can go back where he was caught. The other says he has been in an aquarium and so should not be put back because foreign organisms may be present. Countering that last, the aquarium has only ever had critters from the area where I live, mostly very local.
Will be fine to go back i'd say. alternative could be giving it away to someone or to a store.
 
Sorry for the redundant question.
Can someone point me to a compatibility chart? I currently have a juvenile Melanurus in a 90 gallon system. I’d like to add a Fiji redline Christmas wrasse to the tank. Trying to avoid conflict. Thoughts?
Thank you
 
Sorry for the redundant question.
Can someone point me to a compatibility chart? I currently have a juvenile Melanurus in a 90 gallon system. I’d like to add a Fiji redline Christmas wrasse to the tank. Trying to avoid conflict. Thoughts?
Thank you
Scientific name? Too many wrasse are called Christmas wrassw
 
They are one of the smaller and less aggressive Halichoeres. I find it difficult to add Halichoeres after a Melanurus anyway and a shy biocellatus is perhaps not the best choice. I would go with a different genera like fairy wrassw
 
Last edited:
Ordered an Isosceles

In the meantime, let’s see some pictures of yours!
 
creepin
IMG_3507.jpeg
 
Sorry for the redundant question.
Can someone point me to a compatibility chart? I currently have a juvenile Melanurus in a 90 gallon system. I’d like to add a Fiji redline Christmas wrasse to the tank. Trying to avoid conflict. Thoughts?
Thank you
Adding wrasse to a Mel is a risk. Most become aggressive
 
Sorry for the redundant question.
Can someone point me to a compatibility chart? I currently have a juvenile Melanurus in a 90 gallon system. I’d like to add a Fiji redline Christmas wrasse to the tank. Trying to avoid conflict. Thoughts?
Thank you
Also the chart is only for fairy wrasse
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new