The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Saw this beauty at Aquatic Dreams and Beyond in Spokane. I would have bought it, but I wasn't sure it would get along with my standard Leopard. Anybody have experience with mixing leopards?
FB_IMG_1452102942778.jpg
IME females mix well together, males can have issues, though others have been able to mix males.
 
IME females mix well together, males can have issues, though others have been able to mix males.
Agree, and mixing male leopards of different species is really a big crap shoot - too risky to make worth playing IMO.
 
What ya think?

image.jpeg

I would love to have just one of these stunning wrasses, and you have two. Just amazing.

I have been lurking for some time and would love to get input from the Wrasse experts here.
I currently have a 120 Gal Display (4x2x2) and have the chance to pick up a pair (male/female) C. exquisitus and would like to add them to the rest of my wrasse family. Any concerns with adding them since my flame possibly male now has possibly set up his territory now? Because he will flash and chase my Sunburst Anthias around the tank, if he feels he is to close.

My current list is:
1 - C. Jordani
1 - C. Lineatus
2 - M. bipartitus
1 - M. geoffroy
1 - M. kuiters

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
 
^ Only buy one (not a pair) and use an acclimation box when adding them.

Thanks evolved,

I have read numerous posts of yours and I see you say Fairy's even in pairs will turn male. However in your main post when talking about the C. exquisitus, you noted that would need to keep the male with a female to keep its colors? So if I went with a female, then more likely it will turn male and ultimately lose his brighter colors then?
 
Thanks evolved,

I have read numerous posts of yours and I see you say Fairy's even in pairs will turn male. However in your main post when talking about the C. exquisitus, you noted that would need to keep the male with a female to keep its colors? So if I went with a female, then more likely it will turn male and ultimately lose his brighter colors then?
Being kept with other fairy wrasses will suffice for the exquisite to keep it's colors.
 
After reading and looking at all of these gorgeous pictures, I have decided that my desire to keep mostly wrasses is completely normal!
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new