The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Thanks we're quite keen on him too, he eats flake from my hand and now I've added the girls the colours are even better
 
My only wrasse. He has the greatest personality!
Halichoeres melanurus
jv5K8YJ.jpg
 
Man!!!! I'm so upset just came home to find my female girdled fairy on the floor now I have to look for a next one man!!!!
 
Well I need to start my livestock all over. I turned my sump off at feeding and completely messed the bed and forgot the restart the sump came down today and every fish has past. So I'm going to start over. Where should I begin?? I had a few tangs and then all calm friendly wrasses... (Pintails. Orange back. Leopards. And Anampses. Etc... List of 5
39f6f0f246da08eeef28b487157fd398.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well I need to start my livestock all over. I turned my sump off at feeding and completely messed the bed and forgot the restart the sump came down today and every fish has past. So I'm going to start over. Where should I begin?? I had a few tangs and then all calm friendly wrasses... (Pintails. Orange back. Leopards. And Anampses. Etc... List of 5
39f6f0f246da08eeef28b487157fd398.jpg

Man that hurts to watch. So sorry for the losses. All pumps where off over night or longer?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well I need to start my livestock all over. I turned my sump off at feeding and completely messed the bed and forgot the restart the sump came down today and every fish has past. So I'm going to start over. Where should I begin?? I had a few tangs and then all calm friendly wrasses... (Pintails. Orange back. Leopards. And Anampses. Etc... List of 5
39f6f0f246da08eeef28b487157fd398.jpg


Ugh... Brutal
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I love me some wrasse's, so I want to see everyone's wrasse pictures! Please share!

I've been practicing my fish taking.. Snapped a decent one of my Naoko Wrasse, still need to polish up on my skills though!
IMG_9457_zps94017eaa.jpg

IMG_9469_zps9e608ad0.jpg


Edit:

Forgot my earmuff! Colors since this picture have really improved!
IMG_9303_zpsfd974b69.jpg
I just realized how cool they are since I purchased one this last Saturday. I don't remember the name of it I would gladly take a pic but by the time I come home from work he's already hiding in the sand bed under the rock work and can't enjoy him.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 20.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 13.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new