The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two of the three wrasse I want came into the shop.
Splendid Pintail and Carpenter's.

The Blue Flasher ended up not coming.

My plan was to introduce all 3 at the same time. Now that the 3rd is going to have to wait, I have two options.

1. Put these two in. Use my acclimation box on Blue.

Or

2. Put these two in my frag tank to hang out until Blue comes. Then transfer them all to main tank together.

What do you all think would be the better idea?

Edit: frag tank is 4'x2' with no fish.

Last edited:

Hasted

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics or it didn't happen?

Not the clearest of pics since they are a bit shy.
20210227_130344.jpg

Blues were starting to come on for this. Looks best the more white there is. Still pretty in deep blues though.

20210226_214558.jpg

Whites were on here. Poor thing gets really muted in heavy blues at night. Good thing I have a schedule that has both heavy white and full blues throughout the day.

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful. That pintail has a nice mature tail.
Had my decision what pintail down to three. One had great tail and not so great color and one had good color and not so great tail. The third was in the middle. I’m not the middle of the road guy so of course I came home with the one with perfect tail.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good structure then pack on the Selcon, TDO, and eggs and see if he colors up. My lineatus is a bit faded.

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not been much into the Wrasse other than six line, but after seeing some in person yesterday I came home with this beauty and now I want more! Also got to witness the cleaner wrasse doing it's thing with this one and others, will be definitely adding one of those later.

Naoko's Fairy Wrasse

20210227_131354.jpg

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not been much into the Wrasse other than six line, but after seeing some in person yesterday I came home with this beauty and now I want more! Also got to witness the cleaner wrasse doing it's thing with this one and others, will be definitely adding one of those later.

Naoko's Fairy Wrasse

20210227_131354.jpg

I think that one might be a bit more aggressive than others. Might want to put him in an acclimation box for 1 or 2 days when you add other wrasses. Maybe someone with experience with that wrasse could chime in.

Beautiful specimen

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that one might be a bit more aggressive than others. Might want to put him in an acclimation box for 1 or 2 days when you add other wrasses. Maybe someone with experience with that wrasse could chime in.

Beautiful specimen

Thanks, the LFS seemed to think it wouldn't be too bad having it around others. (they warned me off a few different ones due to aggression) I've looked at the wrasse chart that is available on here and seems it's in the orange section so as long as I don't pick from the same sub category, maybe it'll be okay. Tempted to grab another one today potentially, so seeing it's only been in there a day it shouldn't be too territorial I think ?

Trouble1375

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ruby & EJ on Ruby's intro day (very hard to get a good picture of 2 very fast swimmers). EJ is a male Melanurus and Ruby a slightly smaller female. They co-exist nicely with a cleaner wrasse and a tiny Six-line. The wrasses are 4 of the 16 fish that reside in our 125 gallon mixed reef.

Sailfin Tang
Whitecheek Tang
Mimic Chocolate Tang
Japanese Swallowtail Angel
Male Melanurus
Female Melanurus
Cleaner Wrasse
Six-line Wrasse
Kaudern Cardinal
Wide Barred Shrimp Goby
Fiji Bicolor Foxface
Starry Blenny
Black Sailfin Blenny
Wyoming White Clown
Misbar Black Clown
Firefish
Wrasses (2).jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 109 87.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back