The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

ReefRusty

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a beautiful little divided leopard female yesterday, already eating flake and frozen. Gets along well with my meleagris female who is half an inch larger just fine too :)
00593E0F-43A4-414A-8FA1-92A80C902D48.jpeg
Does it hide much?

BelieveInBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I emailed evolved and he confirmed that both wrasses are Cebu Lubbock's fairy wrasses. dang it. I'll talk to the LFS next week when I get a chance and see what they think about issuing a refund and go from there.

DarkReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Noticed some big flat worms upsetting my hammers yesterday when I was doing a water change and clean up.
Not exactly sure how they got in as I dip everything, but they were in there. (I redipped these coral and cleaned them off but suspect might be more about).

I've was looking at potential help in culling them using a natural predator.

Was contemplating a six line, a wrasse I have always wanted but knew I'd need to add in last as I read they can be real jerks to new additions/others.

I currently have a yellow, whipfin & cleaner wrasse among other fish. Would a six line play nice with these?
I know the yellow is supposed to eat the flat worms, but it clearly does a terrible job lol.

20210320_082749.jpg

The whipfin (which was sold to me as Blue flasher!) bullying my Flamehawk, before the Flamehawk beat crap out of it and now it plays nice. lol
20210320_133642.jpg

20210515_151009.jpg

fachatga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Noticed some big flat worms upsetting my hammers yesterday when I was doing a water change and clean up.
Not exactly sure how they got in as I dip everything, but they were in there. (I redipped these coral and cleaned them off but suspect might be more about).

I've was looking at potential help in culling them using a natural predator.

Was contemplating a six line, a wrasse I have always wanted but knew I'd need to add in last as I read they can be real jerks to new additions/others.

I currently have a yellow, whipfin & cleaner wrasse among other fish. Would a six line play nice with these?
I know the yellow is supposed to eat the flat worms, but it clearly does a terrible job lol.

20210320_082749.jpg

The whipfin (which was sold to me as Blue flasher!) bullying my Flamehawk, before the Flamehawk beat crap out of it and now it plays nice. lol
20210320_133642.jpg

20210515_151009.jpg
6 line don’t play nice with anybody. Can’t tell you the best wrasse. Your yellow probably will do something. But I’ll warn anybody who will listen never to play with the 6 line. And I know I’m not the only one here.

Bars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tricks to keep my wrasse from glass surfing?
My yellow coris (H. chrysus) is the only one that does that and has started doing it since I transferred them all over to the new tank (about 1.5 month ago). She's small and still a she. Most of the day she's just swimming up and down in circles against one specific spot on the glass.

She's not being harassed and is actually vice president in the tank, with the big boss being her good friend the timor wrasse. I can't stand this behavior and was hoping it would go away on it's own, but it doesn't seem like it will... If I look through the sides of my tank I can vaguely see some reflections, so I'm assuming the fish will see themselves as well.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any tricks to keep my wrasse from glass surfing?
My yellow coris (H. chrysus) is the only one that does that and has started doing it since I transferred them all over to the new tank (about 1.5 month ago). She's small and still a she. Most of the day she's just swimming up and down in circles against one specific spot on the glass.

She's not being harassed and is actually vice president in the tank, with the big boss being her good friend the timor wrasse. I can't stand this behavior and was hoping it would go away on it's own, but it doesn't seem like it will... If I look through the sides of my tank I can vaguely see some reflections, so I'm assuming the fish will see themselves as well.

Does the new tank have a grounding probe?

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new wrasse inbound. Not as exciting as SaltyT's additions but I've been waiting a long time for this one.
Come on man, don't be obtuse....whatcha got comming?! ;Smuggrin

That last picture makes me very, very jealous...two of my most desired fish!

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Come on man, don't be obtuse....whatcha got comming?! ;Smuggrin

DOA. Was a radiant. I don't think I will try mail ordering one of these unless it has been through 4 weeks of QT and eating like a pig. Not really for disease prevention but so it has been in a stable place for a month before taking another plane ride. Disappointing as it was a beautiful specimen.
20210622_123621.jpg

SaltyT

Wrasse obsessed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DOA. Was a radiant. I don't think I will try mail ordering one of these unless it has been through 4 weeks of QT and eating like a pig. Not really for disease prevention but so it has been in a stable place for a month before taking another plane ride. Disappointing as it was a beautiful specimen.
20210622_123621.jpg
Sorry he didn’t make it. I think that’s a good plan to get a Radiant that’s been conditioned for 30 days. It took me 7 years before I finally got one that survived shipping. My Radiant came from TSM Aquatics all of their fish go through a 30 day QT.

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend in our reef club drove to Dallas (from Little Rock, AR) to pick up a tang he ordered. While he was there he noticed 3 very small radiant wrasses. He called me and asked if I wanted one. He bought all three and brought them home. Mine was less than 2" when I got him. He sailed through QT and is transitioning to male now and almost 4".

This picture is deceiving....that Convict tang is much closer to the camera than the others. LOL He's barely 2".

Radiant-Convict.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 80 87.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back