2022 cleaned up.
reef 2022.jpg

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is my math right about 11yrs old it looks great and untouched for 10 years thats awesome!!!
Oh it was a mess for several years past 2012....most of the LPS withered away during that time, just got busy dating my future wife, moved her in, got married, got very lax on maintenance.

I didn't really get the tank back on track until around 2017 when I added a frammer that actually started to grow. Then got back into a routine. WC, kalk, chaeto fuge, better skimmer.

FWIW the 2011 tank shot has some live rock that was about 10 years old already. I can't believe and am little concerned that I actually bottomed out my phosphate recently.

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Late 2019 vs now
From a scape perspective, recommend going lower if you will keep SPS, wasn’t anticipating a single Monti growing into a football on top of the center rock

78C32D8C-9C7D-4F2F-966E-59D5577FD7B7.jpeg

B964C8CD-1B0A-4BD5-A452-AEEBEEC62D02.jpeg

Smoke-Town

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a thread somewhere where people post full tank shots of their aquascape when it was first built, and then shots of what it looks like now? For established, grown out tanks? This would be incredibly useful and fun for people like me to see who are in the early stages of planning a tank. Seeing it from multiple angles would be even better. The only way I can find to do this on the site now is by looking through build threads. Build threads are awesome, but they can go on for tens of pages, and it can be hard to find the shot of what the aquascape looked like, and even what the tank looks like now.

Please post yours, and please include the tank volume, and dimensions if you know them.

Thanks!

This is exactly the issue that makes the build threads annoying to scroll through to see if you're even interested... back in the day you were allowed to edit your threads... every build thread would start first posts with the starting setup full tank pic and then a periodically updated current full Tank pic. Now the threads are just a jumbled mess and you have to randomly choose pages to see if you even want to read through the build. Especially those great builds that are 50+ pages where half the pages are house building and random banter... hardly worth searching for that recent tank pic to see if you want to invest in the build thread. Sad how greed always ruins good things for communities.

This edit feature needs to return for the health of build threads on this forum.

Sorry for the rant.. but this irritates me to no end on a daily basis if I'm looking for certain build types.

That being said, this is a great thread idea because of the above issue... I'll try to find some old and current pics to add to this in a bit!

OP
OP
D

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mostly agree, but what do you mean about not being able to edit threads? I am able to edit all my posts, do you mean something other than that?

Reef and Dive

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is exactly the issue that makes the build threads annoying to scroll through to see if you're even interested... back in the day you were allowed to edit your threads... every build thread would start first posts with the starting setup full tank pic and then a periodically updated current full Tank pic. Now the threads are just a jumbled mess and you have to randomly choose pages to see if you even want to read through the build. Especially those great builds that are 50+ pages where half the pages are house building and random banter... hardly worth searching for that recent tank pic to see if you want to invest in the build thread. Sad how greed always ruins good things for communities.

This edit feature needs to return for the health of build threads on this forum.

Sorry for the rant.. but this irritates me to no end on a daily basis if I'm looking for certain build types.

That being said, this is a great thread idea because of the above issue... I'll try to find some old and current pics to add to this in a bit!
That edit is still possible. Actually I frequently update the current view of mine on the first post frequently.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back