• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Thermos Swap

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, I understand that and I did not mean to bash anyone. Also, the ones that are well respected around here deserve what they get. They all have been here longer and have great track records and great knowledge. All I ask is to treat everyone equally, which could be improved. You have to admit, there is a group around here that gets all the attention and all the glory and if someone does not like me speaking up I will be glad to move on. Thank you!!

What group do you speak of?

If I am in the "group" I must say that I have never done a thermos swap. I haven't traded in a looong time. I need to though. The only thing is if you don't have something I want or all you have is something I don't need then don't be offended or feel like your not part of a group. I may be way off base though and you more than welcome to your opinion. :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I reread and I think what was meant was they wanted to trade with someone who wouldn't stiff them like what happened last time. I do agree though we shouldn't be cliquish and although it may seem that way, this is NOT the case. I think some get their feelings hurt when they don't have anything that maybe somebody they want to trade with needs or wants.

R

reef-nut

View Badges
PLEASE forgive me!!!!! Sometimes I say things I should not and this is the case here. I did not mean to hurt anyones feelings. I guess sometimes we can let our personal life spill over into parts of our lives it should not. I love R2R and hope to be a part of it for years to come. Everyone here is very nice and knowledgeable. Agian I am very sorry!!!!

jiggyfly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I might like to get in on this. I have over 50 types of zoa but there are so many new ones out I would like to pick up on some of these. I have alot of the average but a nice bunch of above average My latest morph is a bright red and dark red paly with gold speckles.it looks like a darth maul in pattern. I also have most of the designer named zoa's so there should be something worth trading in there.

Reef Pets

Bioprospector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets do it. From what I have seen in the past is that you just send a frag that is worth X amount of dollars. We just cant have someone that sends out a 100.00 chalice and expects the same in return. Its a toss up what one might get, maybe you already have it, maybe you dont and sometimes one mans junk is another mans treasure. I think people would have to be open minded and realize that trade is not to achieve LE coral but more of the fun of the surprise coral.

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Before I have read that people were doing hardy coral like zoas and shipping priority mail. A Thermos can be shipped in a flat rate box for under 9.00.

That I can Afford!

I MAY already have these traded out, if not I have these up to trade!

09-04-06_StarryFragclose.jpg

pic of mine.
09-04-06_starryfamily.jpg

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here, I LOVE surprises

A lot of the time when I buy stuff, I ask to throw in a surprise frag to see get something I normally wouldn't pick out or buy

I think this should be seperated into SPS, LPS, Softies, and Zoo's though, so you know if you want to join it depending on coral type.
ie. I don't want anymore zoo's!

FiReBReTHa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same here, I LOVE surprises

A lot of the time when I buy stuff, I ask to throw in a surprise frag to see get something I normally wouldn't pick out or buy

I think this should be seperated into SPS, LPS, Softies, and Zoo's though, so you know if you want to join it depending on coral type.
ie. I don't want anymore zoo's!

Whereas I lubz the zooooos :tongue:

o0xerog0o

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am definitely interested in doing this in a few months once I have a chance to let some of my frags grow out a little bit. I just went to the Cleveland swap on the 4th, and came home with 22 new corals.. so...

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 61 33.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back