These Clam Colors Are Unreal & Clam Care Info!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have lots of clams in stock and post a few every day or two.

We have cultured Squamosas, Maximas, and Croceas. Each clam is unique in color and pattern!
VOC1510_400x (3).jpg
VOC1423_400x (2).jpg
VOC1620_400x (1).jpg
VOC1607_400x (2).jpg
VOC1604_400x (1).jpg
VOC1402_400x (3).jpg
VOC1608_400x (1).jpg

Some info about clam care:

●We only stock cultured clams. Cultured clams are pest free and very hardy if provided the proper environment.
●Our clams come from three different farms, Bali, Tonga, and French Polynesia. Our current clams are from Bali. Clams from each area have significantly different coloration.
●Acclimation should be by steady drip for about 45 minutes, longer acclimation is not beneficial.
●Clams should be placed on a firm surface so they can attach. If placed on the sand, then rubble or other rock should be under the clam. If placed on rockwork, then be sure it can not fall over.
●The so-called foot of the clam is the vulnerable area on the underside. Threads are produced from this area that allow the clam to attach to a firm surface. Occasionally the clam will drop those threads as a clump or plug when the clam is stressed or needs to move to a new location. This process is normal and is not indicative of adverse health.
●For nutrition, clams utilize the products of photosynthesis (they need intense lighting) and dissolved organics (nitrates and phosphates). Clams do not need supplemental or direct feeding.
●Be sure no other tank inhabitants pick on the clam. The mantle (meaty top side) will retract if the clam is nibbled upon or otherwise disturbed. If the mantle stays retracted for extended periods then the clam is not receiving nutrition and will die.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%

Back