These hydroponics t5 fixtures good enough?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ValorG
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ValorG

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 9, 2013
Messages
304
Reaction score
4
Location
Valley Stream, NY
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So right now I'm running leds. I used t5's before and I like how the light fills the tank without much shadowing. I love my leds and will never go back to full t5's but I want to supplement my tank with t5's. This is how I have my leds right now and wanted to find single bulb fixtures to fit on the front and back of my leds. I found these and wonder if theyre good enough? Or if you have other suggestions on how I can put t5s on with it still looking somewhat decent without a hood, let me know.

99366d1381887144-gideons-first-75-reef-do-yourself-rapid-light-emitting-diodes-light-build-do-yourself-heavy-img_3925.jpg

14424__18289.1361589297.1280.1280.png

Future Harvest SunBlaster NanoTech T5HO Fixture 4ft 6/Cs 904298 : HydroGalaxy.com
 
Yea, those will work fine for ya, Im pretty sure your going to have to get your lamps somewhere else, as those are just grow lights, not the right spectrum.
 
Fixture doesn't much matter if your just going to use it for that purpose. Just as long as it can use t5 bulbs
 
I use something similar on my frag tank. They work great. They were a pain to hang though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new