They pretty much move where they want???

itisjp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a question... have a healthy Derasa for 6 months now and decided to try out a blue Maxima... just put it in the tank today. Both pretty much move to where they want. I am guessing that is normal. So in your experience do they pretty much just move where they want to?

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to find the best position and placement in my tank and then they twek themselves to how they like. Now my squammy on the other hand is always scooting around.

OP
OP
itisjp

itisjp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try to find the best position and placement in my tank and then they twek themselves to how they like. Now my squammy on the other hand is always scooting around.
I tried to figure out where I thought was good but they just seem to move around and find their spot... least I know they got good feet.

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is interesting for me, because I've been a bit concerned for a while.

I got a maxima a month ago from @PacificEastAquaculture . I forgot that the rock I put it on is a caribsea artificial rock, which is really really hard (I tried to saw one with a hacksaw once and it took like 30 minutes, lol). I'm worried that from there it won't be able to fully expose itself, and that if I want to give it more light (started it out on the bottom) I have to either move the clam or the rock.

So, if they will move if they are unhappy, that's a relief to me.

The maxima has not moved, and appears to be doing fine. I just moved the rock to probably at least double its amount of light (150-some PAR to 300ish). So I think it's happy where it is. :)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back