Things i find on coral frags amazes me,some kind bi-valve and aiptasia,hydroids possibly and hope just sand and not zoa pox on this small zoa colony ^

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Was looking this munnid isopod on this small zoa frag I recently bought and then seen this red/ green bi - valve of some description.
Just moved frag up from samdbed a few inches today and span it around in hopes my cbb sees the aiptasia and eats it as little hesitant to try remove them and spread them so giving cbb a chance first ( hope not my undoing lol )
Any ideas what this bi valve is ? It's oy small,as you can see size of zoas right next to it.
I did think was an empty shell as looked like lots junk inside it but just noticed it now fully closed so seems it very much alive indeed.
@Mibu @vetteguy53081

20211113_004520.jpg 20211113_004525.jpg 20211113_004532.jpg

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a bivalve but hard to say what species, there are tons. Shouldn’t be harmful! Adds some nice diversity to the tank and filter feeds.
Always cool to see what you get with corals, good or bad.
Yes indeed,I probably get more enjoyment from the hitchhikers and micro fauna than I do from the fish and corals pfft
I just hope it doesn't grow into a 4 foot monster clam like I see some clams grow.but guess will help clean my water as it grows and take years to get to any size ^_^
Unless my cbb eats the bi valve and leaves the aiptasia alone ha ha

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back