Think ill need a chiller?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ddenora
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ddenora

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 24, 2011
Messages
161
Reaction score
43
Location
Colonia, NJ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Putting a 250W halide with 4 T5s and a reef brite strip on a 60 cube, rooms pretty small and has its own ac unit so the room temp is always around 65 degrees. Think ill be good or should I be worried about getting a chiller?
 
Do you have an enclosed hood, or is it hanging above the tank in the open? If you're room is conditioned to 65 degrees (which seems a bit odd btw), you will probably only need a heater.
 
Do you have an enclosed hood, or is it hanging above the tank in the open? If you're room is conditioned to 65 degrees (which seems a bit odd btw), you will probably only need a heater.

65-70 degrees lol I'm a fan of the cold, open top tho so I'm thinking it should work
 
You should not need a chiller if you're running a room A/C. I have a small 15 gal system in an attic that I'm able to keep stable at 80• thanks to a window A/C unit running off and on. The room is at least 20• warmer than the outside air without the unit. As Bill said, if you're keeping the room at 65• you'd probably need a heater not a chiller. I bet your tank would run around 70-75• without anything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new