Oversized Chiller OK?

CaptainKiwi

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 20, 2024
Messages
108
Reaction score
76
Location
Uk
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently in the processing of building my 100 litre tank and was wondering if an Aqua Medic Titan 1500 would be ok to use on a tank this size? If its not in use, I am worried about it drawing a huge amount of power as well. The reason i want a powerful chiller is that I plan on keeping the tank at around 22-23 degrees and in the summer my room can get up to 35 degrees so I would rather go overkill.
 
It has a thermostat. It’s like heater or air conditioning. It kicks on and off to maintain temperature. When on , it uses more watts.
 
It has a thermostat. It’s like heater or air conditioning. It kicks on and off to maintain temperature. When on , it uses more watts.
So going oversized will just give me way more headroom, it shouldnt draw that much power for such little water?

Also i realised I said 100 litre, its 400 litres i had a mind blank moment!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new